Super DinosaurSuper Dinosaur is an intelligent dinosaur who wears a harness that gives him functional arms and a lot of weapons. He hatched from an egg that Max Maximus stole from inner Earth. Maximus experimented on SD granting him exceptional intelligence and a small size (both relative to a normal T-Rex). SD became friends with the Dynamo family, especially Derek, and when the Dynamos learned about Maximus' evil plans SD sided with them against Maximus. SD acts like a human child of Derek's age. The two are best friends but as the only good dinosaur SD gets lonely.
- Chest Insignia: "SD"
- Clothes Make the Superman: Without his armor he's only a T-Rex. But the armor makes him a true force to be reckoned with.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Gets jealous of Erin for stealing Derek away all the time.
- Hurting Hero: SD feels increasingly out of place being the only non-human on the team.
- Super Prototype: Illustrated (awesomely) by this exchangeTricerachops: You don't scare me! you were the precursor to our kind—the early model!Super Dinosaur: And I'm still going to beat you.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pie.
- Tyrannosaurus rex
Derek DynamoDerek is the son of brilliant Doctor Dexter Dynamo. He uses his smarts and an array of gadgets to fight alongside SD. Derek can be a Totally Awesome Insufferable Genius, but he is a hard worker and really cares for his friends and family. Presently he is neglecting his friendship with SD to spend time with Erin Kingston.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Built most if not all of the gadgets he uses.
- Improbable Age: No older than 15, but he can do battle with all kinds of villains.
- Insufferable Genius: He's shying away away from this, but he spent the first issue talking about how awesome he and team operation are.
- Kid Hero: Generally he plays support for SD, but he can be a hero in his own right.
- Tricked-Out Gloves: Which contain (at least) claws for climbing, a grappling hook, and a variety of bombs.
- Worthy Opponent: Derek is the closest to this The Exile has.
The KingstonsSarah and Bruce Kingston are hired to help maintain Super Dinosaur's armor. They move with their daughters Erin and Erica into the Dynamo Dome. The parents are excellent mechanics and put together some specialized armors for SD. Erin is an excitable and fun girl who takes to her new Dynamo Dome life quickly. Erica is initially angry at being taken away from her friends, but grows to appreciate her new home.
- Deadpan Snarker: Erica.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Bruce and Sarah.
- Mama Bear: Sarah.
- Plucky Girl: Very much Erin.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Excitable, fun-loving, and caring Erin next to cold, snarky, and quiet Erica.
Max MaximusMax Maximus is the former partner of Dr. Dynamo and one of the main villains of the series. He can seem Affably Evil at first glance because of how typically comic booky he is, but in issue five we see new depths to his villainy. His goal is to access Inner Earth and use the Dynore, or as he calls it: Maxinite, to create an army of dino people. And then naturally Take Over the World. Fortunately when he was incarcerated his mind was partially erased of Inner Earth, but he escaped and seeks to find a way back.
- Affably Evil: Arguably subverted. At first glance Maximus is a typical comic book villain. Unsuccesfully using his cronies to fight the heroes and coming up with schemes. Not to mention he's competing with The Exile who is a bit more intimidating. However as the series goes on we're seeing a side of Maximus that sets him aside and makes him a pretty effective villain.
- Arch-Enemy: Shared past with the Dynamos and he created SD. The ante is upped when we learn Maximus kidnapped Mrs. Dynamo and erased her from Derek and and Dr. Dynamo's memories. Arch enemy indeed.
- Bald of Evil
- Card-Carrying Villain: Of all SD's enemies Maximus most seems to revel in being an evil bastard.
- Obviously Evil: Lets see... tattered, green lab coat, goatee, bald of evil, robotic arm with claws.
- Villainous Breakdown: Breaks down when he reflects that his Dino Man force is repeatedly beaten by a child and an armed T-Rex.
TricerachopsMax Maximus' formerly The Dragon. She was tired of Maximus' treatment of her and the other Dino Men so she bailed and joined The Exile. 'Chops is proud of her race and simply wants freedom from oppression.
- An Axe to Grind: In a world with ray guns and missles she uses... a really big axe.
- Badbutt: Because Super Dinosaur is kid-friendly TC doesn't kill people or swear, but she's a very skilled and cool dragon.
- Cool Mask
- The Dragon: Formerly to Maximus, presently to The Exile.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has a big one under her mask.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Under the Cool Mask.
- Graceful Loser: Surrenders to Earthcorps rather than continue to fight a battle she and the dinomen couldn't win.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries
- Perpetual Frowner: We've yet to see her in a mood other than annoyed or flat out angry. Sort of Justified in that she's a Dino Man wearing a mask so her expressions may be hard to recognize.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: In #11 after not getting any results or help from The Exile she and the Dino Men surrender to Earthcore.
- The Starscream: To Maximus
In actuality he's a creature from Inner Earth called a Reptiloid. He is trying to free his people from his brother Monarch Slinn by taking over the surface world.
- Anti-Villain: Yes he wants to take over the world, but his motivation is the liberation of his people who live under the oppression of his brother and in fear of dinosaurs.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Finally incapacitated by his own staff.
- No Name Given: When The Exile was exiled he was forced to give up his birth name. His own brother nearly forgot it.
- The Exile: He was in fact exiled from his homeland.
- The Reveal: In Issue #9 it's revealed that The Exile is an creature called a Reptiliod and is from Inner Earth.
- Spell My Name with a "The": THE Exile
Minimus/Tyrannosaurus XA 'failed' clone of Maximus. He was created using dino DNA to aid the cloning process and as a result he slowly becomes more dino and less man. In issue 18 when his transformation is completed he cements himself as a new evil power for Derek and SD to contend with. And he is no joke.
- Achilles' Heel/ Attack Its Weak Point: Yes those glowing green ports on his body are weak spots, but have fun trying to get close enough to take advantage of them.
- Cloning Blues: Before his transformation is complete he seems to suffer ignominy from his creator and physical stress from the transformation.
- Dragon Ascendant: When the transformation is complete T-X decides he likes the power and wants MORE.
- Made of Iron: Much more than the already hardy dinomen. It took a building blowing up around him to knock him out for a few minutes.
- Metamorphosis: The degeneration process happens over the course of many issues and is apparently very stressful for him.
- Near Villain Victory: Probably the nearest of any villain yet. SD and Derek have never been so soundly trounced.
- Painful Transformation
- Power Glows: Apparently any time he is conscious the ports on his body radiate green energy/light.