YMMV: Super Dinosaur
- Crazy Awesome: The titular character is a T. rex who loves video games and wears a harness with a pair of robotic arms that are covered in guns. And he pilots a Humongous Mecha version of said harness.
- Cliché Storm / Refuge in Audacity: See also Crazy Awesome. This work is pretty much every Saturday-morning cartoon Cliche rolled together. (Playing with a few) And yet... it finds a way to make it work.
- Magnificent Bastard: Maximus plants a tracking device on the back of sudden world conqueror rival Exile while he attempts to bring him over to his allegiance. Thinking it will take them to Maximus, Derek and SD end up fighting Exile and destroying his base.
- Rooting for the Empire: The Exile, while obviously dangerous and a threat to the surface world, is at the end of the day just trying to liberate his race from his brothers tyranny. Almost makes Derek look like the bad guy for not only snatching that chance from under his nose, but obnoxiously taunting him about it.
- The Scrappy: Some see Derek as this, for his obnoxious 'I'm so awesome' attitude, and overshadowing the title character. Between a kid genius with gadgets and a talking t-rex with missiles and an arm harness, chances are people would prefer the latter.
- Woobie Species: The poor Dino Men were created to be Maximus' servants. However the Dino Men are intelligent and have feelings. The Exile and Tricerachops are trying to free their oppressed people. Not to mention the Dino Men are hybrids not welcome as either dinosaurs or full humans. So sad.