Somuku KanouA towering, gruff and unforgiving Loan Shark, Kanou is the couple's designated Seme. Unscrupulous and ruthless, he heads a corrupt financial loan company that makes a point of fleecing people dry.We know little of Kanou's past, only that he had a very bad relationship with his father and that he always had a temper.He got saved by Ayase's kindness back in the times when he reached his life's rock bottom. As repayment, Kanou "frees" Ayase from the grip of his would-be buyers during the auction his cousin Testuo sold him off to by bidding higher than the rest. After trying to bond naturally with Ayase, this proves ineffectual especially when Ayase seems to have lost all memory of his previous encounter with Kanou.As his urges get the better of him, Kanou goes to the next best thing in his mind and proceeds to rape Ayase. He then practically locks him up with a debt to make sure Ayase doesn't run away from him.Quite unusually, Kanou is clearly head over heels for Ayase thus isn't always at his advantage in his relationship with him. However, he is gradually learning how to convey his emotions better and usually treats Ayase with kindness and consideration, despite being thoroughly possessive and domineering.
- Armoured Closet Gay: Before recognizing he's totally gay for Ayase, he was very crude against gays and transvesties like Somaya.
- Adorkable: Very rarely, but he can turn into a overemotional fool whenever he can't express himself around Ayase.
- Badass: He has all his city under his little finger.
- Bad Boss: When you know how he recruited the twins...
- Bastard Boyfriend: It's not that he means to be this, but... he locks Ayase up, forces him to live with him, starts off by raping him, and wants to prohibit him from interacting with anyone else and is overprotective to an absurd degree to the point where he has a bodyguard follow him around. It's not that he is trying to be a bastard or hurt Ayase in any way... but he doesn't do things by half measures.
- Berserk Button: Do not, repeat do not, raise a hand to Ayase. Kanou will get angry, and Kanou will fuck you up.
- Cannot Spit It Out: The mayor of his problems is that he can bring himself to say Ayase that he loves him. He's more of a "action is better than words" guy.
- Character Development: He learns to be more considerated and empathic towards Ayase. He also is looking up to control his temper around him.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Can become incredibly possessive towards Ayase.
- Death Glare: The absolute master of this manga in this regards.
- Gayngst: Has a hard time admitting that just because Ayase is the only man he ever had sex with doesn't change the fact that both of them are in a homosexual relationship by definition.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Emphasis on "monster". Incredibly possessive and jealous towards Ayase. Anyone who touches him will regret it.
- Heartbroken Badass: After Ayase initially rejects him. While he gets better when Ayase starts to warm to him slowly, he's still hurt over the fact that Ayase doesn't remember him.
- If It's You, It's Okay: He's "not gay". Ayase is "special". Once he admits he actually is gay for liking Ayase, he makes a big deal out of how he's still different because Ayase is the only guy he likes.
- Jerkass Fašade: Kanou behaves like a complete asshole but many characters - especially Gion and Someya - are able to see through this and are not afraid of provoking him openly.
- Loan Shark: Owe him enough and he'll cut you up and sell your organs. Or force you into prostitution to earn back his money.
- Poor Communication Kills: Not only he Cannot Spit It Out, he also has absolutely no tact towards Ayase, constantly saying that he "owns" him. Thanks to this, Ayase thinks more often than not, that Kanou is just interested in his body and only sees him like an object.
- Real Men Hate Sugar: To the point dreaming about cake leaves him a bad feeling in the chest the morning after.
- Seme: And how! He's big, he's strong, he's aggressive, he's possessive and jealous, he's rich and powerful, he's... yeah.
- Single-Target Sexuality: Kanou is attracted to Ayase and nobody else.
- Tranquil Fury: While Kanou doesn't like to do things in half measures, he's capable of doing this. Best example is the end of the fourth chapter of volume 4: Ayase says that everyone is special to him, not only Kanou.
- Yandere: Irrational jealousy, manipulation, violence, doing everything within his power to keep Ayase with him. Not to mention the fact that the whole reason he loved Ayase at first is that he lent him an umbrella 3 years before their second meeting. He might be a bit rational most of the time to be fully yandere, with the whole knowing he's a terrible person for it, but when it comes to Ayase most stops vanish.
- Younger Than They Look: Hard to believe he's 26 years old when he's scowling all the time, wears fancy suits, and looks murderously intimidating. But also adverted as he looks his age in casual clothing.
Yukiya AyaseA sweet, innocent, caring and shy University student sold to slavery to make up for his cousin's gambling debts. He was bought by Kanou to save him from worst and in hopes Ayase still remembers their first meeting, which Ayase does not. Crushed by this, Kanou rapes him in hopes of making his feelings being clear, but he ends traumatizing him. To "made up" for it, Kanou offeres him a way for freedom: Ayase must pay off the money Kanou spend on him (120 million yen, with 10% of interest every 10 days) and Kanou will buy his body for 500 thousand yen everytime they have sex.Or Ayase could just remember their first meeting and Kanou will call off the debt.
Voiced by: Jun Fukuyama
- Attractive Bent-Gender: He can made a pretty cute girl.
- Bishōnen: To the point must people believe him to be a girl.
- But Not Too Foreign: Ayase is half-Japanese, explaining his natural blonde hair and blue eyes.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: To which Kanou takes full advantage of.
- Character Development: He's learning to express his opinion around others. The fourth chapter of volume 4 is dedicated to his willingness to change.
- Defiant Captive: When threatened and cornered by some members of the yazuka, Ayase stands up for his okama co-workers.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Ayase is an extreme case where 95% of the straight guys he meets will either fall in love with him or simply want to have sex with him. It gets to the point where you're not quite sure if the manga is going to swap genres and become a fantasy where we find out that Ayase is in fact some inhuman entity who secretes pheromones that make everyone want him. The cover art with him exhibiting white angel wings seems to be screaming something along those lines.
- This was lampshaded in an omake at the end of Chapter 39, where the auto mechanic thinks about how both President Kanou and his employee Kuba seem to be in love with Ayase but claim they're not gay. He then looks at his employees who are all drooling over Ayase, and concludes that Ayase-fever must be contagious.
- Extreme Doormat: He's unable to express himself in fear of being left behind, so he just let people walk over him. Ironically, this only leaves him lonelier than ever.
- Forgetful Jones: Ayase doesn't have the best memory in the world, especially with people he met just once.
- In an extra chapter in the manga, his cousin says that Ayase and him met when they were kids, but at the funeral of his parents Ayase still told him "Nice to meet you". This one is kinda justified, as Ayase was just 2 years old when they met.
- And of course, the infamous first encounter with Kanou 3 years ago, the one Ayase has no memory about and it means his easiest and quicker way to freedom.
- Gilded Cage: Kept against his will in Kanou's very fancy apartament. Kanou also is not against buying him expensive clothes and gourmet meals.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: His hair is a light flax in the manga and OVA, but is describe it as chestnut.
- Hates Being Alone: Kanou realizes that Ayase's fixation on returning with his cousin is not because he hates him, but because Ayase fears that without his cousin's family he'll be all alone.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Initially, he keeps insisting to Kanou that his cousin is a good person who would never do something bad to him, despite Kanou saying very clearly how Ishii owned him money and sell him in order to pay off his gamblit debts. Then he admits he's conscious of his cousin's actions but still defends him because he's his only relative.
- I Just Want to Be Loved: After losing his parents, grandparents and his last living family sold him, Ayase is desperately longing for a loving family. Kanou offering to be his family is the first thing that makes him warm up for the man.
- Made a Slave: Obviously, to pay off his cousin's Yakuza debts.
- Oblivious to Love: He's unable to see the deep love Kanou feels for him hidden under all the sex and manipulation.
- Older Than They Look: He's 18 and male but looks 16 and female.
- Protectorate: Kanou would destroy, kill and even humilliate himself in order to keep Ayase safe.
- Poor Communication Kills: Ayase is unable to express his real thoughts in fear of sounding offensive or giving the wrong idea. Many things would be in his favor if he could bring himself to told Kanou that he feels he's just an object to him.
- Sex Slave: Pretty much he's Kanou's. Subverted in that Kanou really loves him.
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: So so much. His beauty tends to bring out irresistible urges in the males around him, and in chapter 17 Tokikawa suggests he hasn't had real friends because people only see his beauty, not the person inside.
- Too Dumb to Live: Can be excused, though, since victims of rape, human trafficking, and abusive relationships tend to act like Ayase does. It could also be that he has developed Stockholm Syndrome.
- Uke: In case you were wondering, he's small, delicate, effeminate, cute, with huge Tareme Eyes, gentle, shy etc...
Homare KubaMisao's twin, Kanou's underling, Ayase's bodyguard.
- Battle Butler: Together with Misao
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Before being assigned as Ayase's bodyguard, he was Kanou's.
- Bodyguard Crush: He's violently attracted to Ayase, sometimes to the point of seizure.
- Romantic False Lead: Homare becomes this to Ayase somewhere in the third volume. Especially because of how he intends to treat him if he ever gets Ayase to love him back, since he highly disagrees of Kanou's possessiveness and his way of bullying his lover.
- Single-Minded Twins: Averted.
Misao KubaHomare's twin, Kunou's underling.
- Battle Butler: Together with Homare.
- Deadpan Snarker: Misao particularly.
- Empty Shell: Seems to have no interest in anything, especially not the couple's relationship.
- It's shown in the Volume 7 Extra that Misao seems to suffer from prosopagnosia, making him unable to recognize faces. This may explain why he seems so detached from everything.
- Flat Character: Apparently on purpose.
- Obsessed with Food: Constantly talks about food in his Q&A's, and it appears that his daily thoughts entail planning meals for the day and he becomes depressed if he can't eat the food he wants.
- Single-Minded Twins: Averted.
Toranosuke GionOne of Kanou's friends, and a porn movies' filmer.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Loves making porn videos and, although Kanou asked him for one with Ayase in it, he refused since Ayase didn't seem comfortable with the idea. He also holds the idea that sex must be done with love, even in his movies.
- Hopeless Suitor: Played for Laughs. He's another guy charmed by Ayase, but knows that Kanou claimed him already so he's completely out of the market, so all he does is ugling and admire his cuteness, usually for comic relief.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He always acts like a childish, buffoonish goon but he is actually much smarter than what he lets people on.
Kaoruko SomeyaA childhood friend and regular client of Kanou's, owner of a host club and full time transvestite. One (or maybe, only) of the people who can and will speak back to Kanou and isn't afraid to do it. While disagreeing of Kanou's treatment of Ayase, he's always ready to give his advice, since he can see Ayase is a good influence for the ruthless loan man.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Like you wouldn't believe...
- Brutal Honesty: Towards Kanou mostly, whom he doesn't seen to fear at all, despite not being exempt from one of Kanou's trademark head smash if he goes too far.
- Cool Big Sis: Openly friendly and nice, he's the first person of Kanou's little circule to whom Ayase opens up and feel comfortable with.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: No really. He doesn't seem that powerful but ask the guy who tried to bully his "girls" how Someya deals with troublemakers.
- Deadpan Snarker: Again, especially towards Kanou but no one is free from being on the receiving end of his sarcasms.
- Femme Fatalons: Often displays those.
- Spinoff: Main character in Henshin Dekinai.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Someya, although he's often tactless, especially towards Kanou. Not to mention Ayase himself who crossdresses once in a high school play and later when he has to replace one of the "girls" at Someya's okama bar.
Yamato TakanohashiKanou's protege of sorts.
- Hero-Worshipper: Even though he would never admit it.
- Wise Beyond Their Years: Yamato. See below.
- Younger Than They Look: Yamato. He looks like (and acts) like he's seventeen... he's really 10 FREAKING YEARS OLD!!!. And apparently even he wants Ayase (and he is absolutely fully informed about sex and violence). Uh-huh.
Tokikawa TakaiiAyase's school acquaintance.
- Stalker with a Crush: You got the standard "plastered rooms with his photos, stole and treasured items he discarded" package here. Plus being the one to bug Ayase's room and record the... activities taking place therein.
- Yandere: He's delirious that Ayase is "really" in love with him and ends up tying him up and threatening him with scissors to "turn him back to the real Ayase". Oh, and additional craziness qualifier: he's willing to go against Kanou.