open/close all folders
Characters from all seasons
RubyThe main character or the Nuzlocke comic.
- Arc Words: "That's against the rules." Borders on Catch-Phrase, and also used to justify stupid crap he does when he ISN'T referring to the nuzlocke rules.
- Broken Tears: As he loses Pokemon after Pokemon against Steven during his Ruby Run.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Determinator: No matter what's thrown against him, he always will continue, because otherwise all of those who died before him would have died in vain.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Is driven to this after the climax of his Ruby Run. Nuzzlocke snaps him out of it with the promise of redepmption, which starts up the Fire Red run.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Nobody Calls Me "Chicken"!: The reason he goes through the Unova league.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Even as the author's art and characters became more detailed, Ruby has remained fairly simple in design, still lacking a nose and maintaining his round head.
- Oh, Crap!: When he wonders why N jumped off the ferris wheel...and finds his Sigilyph ready to Psybeam the cabin he is at.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Played straight until Chapter 7 of White, he was always called "Ruby" when his actual, full name is "Ruberto Normanson".
- Only Sane Man: Among the human characters at least.
- Tempting Fate: Ruby seems to do this from time to time, which happens right before another mon dies.Ghetsis: There is nothing wrong with people from Hoenn.'Ruby is seen behind him about to break into a window from behind while on a vehicle
NuzleafOne of the first Pokemon in the comic. While he dies in season 1, his ghost is seen throughout all the seasons. Due to how he was drawn (Based on John Locke from Lost) and his Catch-Phrase, he was nicknamed Nuzlocke by the fans, thus originating the name of the run.
Treecko/Grovyle/SceptileRuby's first pokemon.
- Green Thumb: Grass Type
- Power Glows: His Leaf Blade during color strips.
- Slasher Smile: Right before killing Groudon
BeautiflyOne of ruby's early pokemon and the first one to die. Caught as a Silcoon.
Mr.HumpyRuby's Numel/Campurt. Despite the name, she's a girl.
- Dishing Out Dirt: Ground Type.
- Playing with Fire: Fire Type.
- She Is the King: Played for laughs.
- Unfortunate Names: Not one of Ruby's finer moments.
- Casting a Shadow: Dark Type.
- A Death in the Limelight: Gets the most focus right before it dies.
- Making a Splash: Water type.
- Wind from Beneath My Wings: Flying Type.
- Butt-Monkey: A non-comedic example. Starts as an HM slave then gets the blame for not being strong enough to prevent mr.humpys death from Sceptile.
Dogen The Medicham
BruceRuby's Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, and his best friend for the duration of the series.
- Chekhov M.I.A.: He's still missing at the beginning of the White run, and finding him is part of Ruby's motivation to be champion.
- Expy: Of Batman
- Fate Worse Than Death: After beating Mewtwo, he's sent back 40 years, while Ruby is sent 3 years in the future.
- Playing with Fire: Charizard, natch.
- True Companions: With Ruby.
DesmondRuby's Mankey, the first Pokemon he caught in this run. Dies to Misty's Starmie.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Being a fighting type, he uses his fists to fight.
BuddyRuby's Oddish who is quickly evolved into Vileplume to fit the current needs for a raid against Team Rocket.
- Nice Hat: The vileplume mushroom gives the impression.
- The Stoic: After his evolution.
- The Stoner: Before his evolution.
- Took a Level in Badass: Ruby is forced to use him to make up for a gap in his party. On seeing Buddy has no direct attacks, Ruby shoves cut, bullet seed, a leafstone, and a rare candy down his throat. Buddy is effectively exploded into a badass Vileplume wielding a gun and katana.
BlamoRuby's Voltorb, which evolves into an Electrode. One of his most powerful team members.
- The Ace: He takes down several Gyms by himself.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: During his death, there's an explosion.
Luke the Oshawott/Dewott
VictiniRuby's legendary. Enjoys blogging and shopping for handbags on Etsy.
- Jerk Ass: He's a bit of a dick.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Shops for handbags on Etsy.
- Really 700 Years Old: ...Maybe. He claims maybe it wasn't actually two hundred years.
VincentA cynical Lillipup and Ruby's first catch. Later evolves sometime before Lenora's gym.
- The Cynic: He overhears Ruby and Luke talking and says "You got no chance, punks... y'all ain't shit."
- Dynamic Entry: He tackles N's Purrloin in a football suit from offscreen.
Señor Fluf/FluffA weak Purrloin caught on Route 2 and the first HM slave.
- Butt-Monkey: He's always the guy that gets hurt-until his last battle.
- Character Name Limits: A victim of this; the last "f" is cut off by the name limits.
HankA Pansear given away by some random dude.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Pansear is based on monkeys.
- Gory Discretion Shot: With N's creepy Pidove.
- Video Game Stealing: "GO RED TEAM! GO!" It ends up being Cut.
PaulyA Timburr that helped Ruby catch Victini.
- Handshake Substitute: A fist bump with Ruby.
CherenIn the original games, he is the player's main rival. Nuzlocke portrays him as a ditzy creepy guy.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: You really see the other side of him against Team Plasma.