Characters: Nuzlocke Comics
open/close all folders
Characters from all seasons
RubyThe main character or the Nuzlocke comic.
- Arc Words: "That's against the rules."
- Broken Tears: As he loses Pokemon after Pokemon against Steven during his Ruby Run.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Determinator: No matter what's thrown against him, he always will continue, because otherwise all of those who died before him would have died in vain.
- Heroic BSOD: Is driven to this after the climax of his Ruby Run. Nuzzlocke snaps him out of it with the promise of redepmption, which starts up the Fire Red run.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Nobody Calls Me Chicken: The reason he goes through the Unova league.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Even as the author's art and characters became more detailed, Ruby has remained fairly simple in design, still lacking a nose and maintaining his round head.
- Oh, Crap: When he wonders why N jumped off the ferris wheel...and finds his Sigilyph ready to Psybeam the cabin he is at.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Played straight until Chapter 7 of White, he was always called "Ruby" when his actual, full name is "Ruberto Normanson".
- Only Sane Man: Among the human characters at least.
- Tempting Fate: Ruby seems to do this from time to time, which happens right before another mon dies.Ghetsis: There is nothing wrong with people from Hoenn.'Ruby is seen behind him about to break into a window from behind while on a vehicle
NuzleafOne of the first Pokemon in the comic. While he dies in season 1, his ghost is seen throughout all the seasons.0
- Catch Phrase: "This is all happening for a reason."note
BruceRuby's Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, and his best friend for the duration of the series.
- Chekovs MIA: He's still missing at the beginning of the White run, and finding him is part of Ruby's motivation to be champion.
- Expy: Of Batman
- Fate Worse Than Death: After beating Mewtwo, he sent back 40 years, while Ruby is sent 3 years in the future.
- Playing with Fire: Charizard, natch.
- True Companions: With Ruby.
DesmondRuby's Mankey, the first Pokemon he caught in this run. Dies to Misty's Starmie
BuddyRuby's Oddish who is quickly evolved into Vileplume to fit the current needs for a raid against Team Rocket.
- Nice Hat: The vileplume mushroom gives the impression.
- The Stoic: After his evolution.
- The Stoner: Before his evolution.
- Took a Level in Badass: Ruby is forced to use him to make up for a gap in his party. On seeing Buddy has no direct attacks, Ruby shoves cut, bullet seed, a leafstone, and a rare candy down his throat. Buddy is effectively exploded into a badass vileplume wielding a gun and katana.
BlamoRuby's Voltorb, which evolves into an Electrode.
- Exactly What It Says On His Nametag: During his death, there's an explosion.
Luke the Oshawott/Dewott
VictiniRuby's legendary. Enjoys blogging and shopping for handbags on Etsy.
- Badass: He is a legendary, after all.
- Large Ham
- Jerk Ass: He's a bit of a dick.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Shops for handbags on Etsy.
- Really 700 Years Old: ...Maybe. He claims maybe it wasn't actually two hundred years.
VincentA cynical Lillipup and Ruby's first catch. Later evolves sometime before Lenora's gym.
- The Cynic: He overhears Ruby and Luke talking and says "You got no chance, punks......y'all ain't shit."
- Dynamic Entry: He tackles N's Purrloin in a football suit from offscreen.
Seņor Fluf/FluffA weak Purrloin caught on Route 2 and the first HM slave.
- Butt Monkey: He's always the guy that gets hurt-until his last battle.
HankA Pansear given away by some random dude.
- Everything's Better with Monkeys
- Gory Discretion Shot: With N's creepy Pidove.
- Webcomic Stealing: "GO RED TEAM! GO!" It ends up being Cut.
LucyA Pidove that Ruby caught. She was left in the box and panicked. When she was called back, she refused to.
JennyA Woobat, later Swoobat, caught in a cave.
PaulyA Timburr that helped Ruby catch Victini.
- Bullying a Legendary: Accidentally closes Victini's blog tab.
- Disney Villain Death: Somewhat. He's not a villain.
- Handshake Substitute: A fist bump with Ruby.
PrincessA Petilil that had a kawaii-off with Ruby.
TangA Darumaka caught on Route 4 by Victini. Not much is known about it.
BarbyA Maractus caught on Desert Resort by Jenny.
IsisA ghost type who supposedly carries memory of a past life in her mask. Little is known, but she seems to have some previous connection to Ruby.
CherenIn the original games, he is the player's main rival. Nuzlocke portrays him as a ditzy creepy guy.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: You really see the other side of him against Team Plasma.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.