- Doakes' face when he kept spamming Magnitude.
- Ruby, a man of priorities, gives us this exchange as Gulliver the Pelipper is flying him over Mossdeep while they're chasing Team Magma:
Ruby: Hey is that a town?
Gulliver: But what about Team Mag-
Ruby: I SEE A FUCKING GYM! LAND! LAND!
- "Who's there? Show yourself!"
- Goddamnit Ralph!
- Sawyer's self esteem HARSHLY FELL.
- "I don't understand... how could water be good?"
- The Warden getting his teeth back.
- Pretty much this entire comic.
- This exchange:
Let's see what you folks down in the stands think about our upstar little challenger... Mr. Fuji:
I think he's cool. Much Poke-respect. Erika:
He's pretty chill. Y'know, for a square. Bill:
I think... Lt. Surge: -I THINK HE SUCKS AND HE OWES ME A FUCKING GYM!
- A good Mood Whiplash moment. During Ruby's final battle with Gary, after Bruce fails to finish off Blastoise with a Blast Burn and must recharge, Blastoise grabs Bruce, fires off a Hydro Pump point-blank, and misses.
- Some moments with Ruby's conversation with Giovanni in the finale such as showing him the Kabuto, and this exchange:
Fortunately you still have the Masterball so you can end all of thi- [Ruby breaks the Masterball] Giovanni: [Beat]
WHAT THE FUCK Ruby:
Sorry, Giovanni... but rules are rules. ''[Flies away on Bruce]' Giovanni: WHAT RULES
- Giovanni and Maxie in prison. Fucking priceless.
Maxie: So... How do you feel about water?
- When Ruby finds Hilbert's body in the closet his response of "Arceus Christ" is just hilarious.
- Ruby's reaction to being forced to pick Oshawott. The expressions on Oshawott's face make it even better.
- Ghetsis has only just shown up and his speech is golden. "Allow me to reveal a simple truth. Pokemon fucking hate you. Seriously, you capture and pit them against each other their will. Would they fight back if they wanted to be caught?"
- And the cop telling them about orders to "liberate" the park. After a complaint about freedom of speech, "Oh yeah? Well I've got freedom of repel." [cue using the pepper spray to get them out]
Ghetsis: AAAAAAAGH! THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!
- Meeting N:
Your Pokémon... it's talking. Ruby:
No he's not. Luke: No I'm not.
- Ruby sees Professor Juniper for the first time:
Ruby: Wait a minute...
[Ruby sees Bianca peeking out from behind Juniper]
Ruby: [while running away] FUCK FUCK FUCK
- The first course.
- Ruby's Pansear VS. Cilan's Pansage.
- Ruby stealing, Cheren and Bianca's gift, and his plans for Senor Fluf once he finds what's inside.
- Fennel's brief flashback of her time at Castelia University with Juniper after Bianca asks how she knows the detailed effects of Dream Mist. The strip makes the use of Dream Mist out like a bad LSD trip.
Fennel: ...I read it in a book. [Ruby knows she is lying]
- What made it more amusing was Minccino's expression in the flashback with Fennel and Juniper can be seen as funny given the two were on a Mushroom Samba.
Nuzlocke: Don't do drugs. You'll make Minccino sad.
- To add to that, the Plasma Grunts seeing Satan just chilling behind Ghetsis is pretty funny.
- Ruby and Cheren decide to team up. Cheren takes things to far and ends up ripping a heart out of a grunt's chest. Grunt's response?
Grunt: What the hell, man...
- This moment in the museum:
Burgh: Castelia...? ...That's MY turf!
Ruby: And who are you suppose to be?
Burgh: I'm a friggin' gym leader, who the hell are you?
Ruby: Wow. A gym leader not being in their gym and actually doing their goddamn job. There's a surprise.
- Ruby and a Petilil have a kawaii showdown.
- And the Plasma Grunt's subsequent reaction of pure horror.
- It's even funnier now that there is new merchadise on the site shop showing them in "Kawaii-Mode".
- Ruby's reaction to Bianca asking Iris to be her bodyguard despite being younger than she is, and seemingly implying that she chose her because she was Black. His reaction is then echoed by Ghetsis in the following scene.
Ruby: I can't tell if you're being racist or just retarded right now.
- Ghetsis and Bronius discussing people from Johto and their calling habits.
- "There is nothing wrong with people from Hoenn" in the same panel with Ruby about to break into a window on a vehicle.
- The entire arc where Ruby catches Victini. First, when Ruby finds him, the Victini, in the dark, makes a Badass Boast about itself, only to be interrupted by them turning on the lights, revealing he lives in a modest apartment. Which soon Ruby mocks him for only being lvl. 15, while Pauly accidentally views Victini's blog, hitting his Berserk Button. Which leads to Ruby pelting him with a mountain of Pokeballs before he gives up. Ruby also gets some nice revenge on Burgh shortly afterwards.
- Pretty much every thing about Episode 9.1. Here are some notable examples:
- The famous scene with Bianca and her father in Nimbasa City was Tear Jerker in the games; in this comic, it becomes a Soap Opera parody.
- Vincent's less than amused face when Ruby enters him into an elegant-themed musical. Bonus points when Ruby off-handedly mentions that he intended to enter Princess, but selected him instead. As for the play?
'"It. Was. Elegant!" -Nimbasa City Times
- In Fatal Platinum, how does our protagonist keep Lucian out of his mind? By conjuring up mental images of the most grotesque, hilariously vile things he can think of. The only thing specifically noted is "Pichu/Miltank pairings," but... well. And then when Lucian tries to read his Medicham (who has been a serious character throughout the run):
Lucian: Brrrr...let's see what you have in YOUR mind instead. A fellow psychic would never-
Diell: Hippowdon lapdance.
Lucian: OH COME ON!
- Manic tearing down the Voltorb Flip mini-game in Spirit Electrum to get thousands and thousands of coins, and the team's proceeding reactions.
*Manic advances to Lv. 7 of Voltorb Flip*
Link: WHAT THE FUCK.
Manic: What? It's easy.
Will: The old guy is staring at you like you've got a tree growing out of your head!
Gail: It's only a matter of time until you make a fatal mistake!
Link: Ha! Gail's right. I mean, sure, you got this far, very nice. But this is the maximum level. There's no way you can-
*Manic clears Lv. 7 as well*
Link: What are you?!
- During Blinding Light, Mccoy the Escavalier sweeps Marshal while doing a hoedown. Which is funny in itself, but this tidbit stands out.
Zerzan: I can't believe this is working.
X-4: He'd probably stop if Vile told him to. Vile?
Vile: Yee Haw.
X-4:Well, okay then.
- Once Manic reaches Goldenrod City in Argent Ante, he eventually returns to Voltorb Flip. The reactions are gold, especially Manic's complete nonchalance about it.
Velvet: You've won...more than ten thousand coins in an hour?
Manic: Yeah, I had a few setbacks. Unlucky picks, things like that. I can still afford a nice TM, though!
Alli: Uh, this guy looks ready to shit enough bricks to build a house. Maaaaybe we should call it quits for now?
Manic: Hmmm? Yeah, I guess so. See you around!
Voltorb Flip Guy: Please, I have a family!