- Doakes' face when he kept spamming Magnitude.
- Ruby, a man of priorities, gives us this exchange as Gulliver the Pelipper is flying him over Mossdeep while they're chasing Team Magma:
Ruby: Hey is that a town?Gulliver: But what about Team Mag-Ruby: I SEE A FUCKING GYM! LAND! LAND!
- "Who's there? Show yourself!"
- Goddamnit Ralph!
- Sawyer's self esteem HARSHLY FELL.
- "I don't understand... how could water be good?"
- The Warden getting his teeth back.
- Pretty much this entire comic.
- This exchange:
Announcer: Let's see what you folks down in the stands think about our upstar little challenger...
Mr. Fuji: I think he's cool. Much Poke-respect.
Erika: He's pretty chill. Y'know, for a square.
Bill: I think...
Lt. Surge: -I THINK HE SUCKS AND HE OWES ME A FUCKING GYM!
- A good Mood Whiplash moment. During Ruby's final battle with Gary, after Bruce fails to finish off Blastoise with a Blast Burn and must recharge, Blastoise grabs Bruce, fires off a Hydro Pump point-blank, and misses.
- Some moments with Ruby's conversation with Giovanni in the finale such as showing him the Kabuto, and this exchange:
- Giovanni and Maxie in prison. Fucking priceless.
Maxie: So... How do you feel about water?
- When Ruby finds Hilbert's body in the closet his response of "Arceus Christ" is just hilarious.
- Ruby's reaction to being forced to pick Oshawott. The expressions on Oshawott's face make it even better.
- Ghetsis has only just shown up and his speech is golden. "Allow me to reveal a simple truth. Pokemon fucking hate you. Seriously, you capture and pit them against each other their will. Would they fight back if they wanted to be caught?"
Ghetsis: AAAAAAAGH! THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!
- And the cop telling them about orders to "liberate" the park. After a complaint about freedom of speech, "Oh yeah? Well I've got freedom of repel." [cue using the pepper spray to get them out]
- Meeting N:
N: Your Pokémon... it's talking.
Ruby: No he's not.
Luke: No I'm not.
- Ruby sees Professor Juniper for the first time:
Ruby: Wait a minute...[Ruby sees Bianca peeking out from behind Juniper]Ruby: [while running away] FUCK FUCK FUCK
- The first course.
- Ruby's Pansear VS. Cilan's Pansage.
- Ruby stealing, Cheren and Bianca's gift, and his plans for Senor Fluf once he finds what's inside.
Bianca: FUCKING MONKEY!!
- "Yeah, back in college me and Juniper did "experiments" together all the time..."
- Fennel's brief flashback of her time at Castelia University with Juniper after Bianca asks how she knows the detailed effects of Dream Mist. The strip makes the use of Dream Mist out like a bad LSD trip.
Fennel: ...I read it in a book. [Ruby knows she is lying]
Nuzlocke: Don't do drugs. You'll make Minccino sad.
- What made it more amusing was Minccino's expression in the flashback with Fennel and Juniper can be seen as funny given the two were on a Mushroom Samba.
- To add to that, the Plasma Grunts seeing Satan just chilling behind Ghetsis is pretty funny.
- Ruby and Cheren decide to team up. Cheren takes things to far and ends up ripping a heart out of a grunt's chest. Grunt's response?
Grunt: What the hell, man...
- This moment in the museum:
Burgh: Castelia...? ...That's MY turf!Ruby: And who are you suppose to be?Burgh: I'm a friggin' gym leader, who the hell are you?Ruby: Wow. A gym leader not being in their gym and actually doing their goddamn job. There's a surprise.
- Ruby and a Petilil have a kawaii showdown.
- And the Plasma Grunt's subsequent reaction of pure horror.
- It's even funnier now that there is new merchadise on the site shop showing them in "Kawaii-Mode".
- Ruby's reaction to Bianca asking Iris to be her bodyguard despite being younger than she is, and seemingly implying that she chose her because she was Black. His reaction is then echoed by Ghetsis in the following scene.
Ruby: I can't tell if you're being racist or just retarded right now.
- Ghetsis and Bronius discussing people from Johto and their calling habits.
- "There is nothing wrong with people from Hoenn" in the same panel with Ruby about to break into a window on a vehicle.
- The entire arc where Ruby catches Victini. First, when Ruby finds him, the Victini, in the dark, makes a Badass Boast about itself, only to be interrupted by them turning on the lights, revealing he lives in a modest apartment. Which soon Ruby mocks him for only being lvl. 15, while Pauly accidentally views Victini's blog, hitting his Berserk Button. Which leads to Ruby pelting him with a mountain of Pokeballs before he gives up. Ruby also gets some nice revenge on Burgh shortly afterwards.
- Pretty much every thing about Episode 9.1. Here are some notable examples:
'"It. Was. Elegant!" -Nimbasa City Times
- The famous scene with Bianca and her father in Nimbasa City was Tear Jerker in the games; in this comic, it becomes a Soap Opera parody.
- Vincent's less than amused face when Ruby enters him into an elegant-themed musical. Bonus points when Ruby off-handedly mentions that he intended to enter Princess, but selected him instead. As for the play?
- Episode 10 has Ruby and Luke "recruited" or get sent to jail to take down some Plasma Grunts. All that is needed to know is Luke smoking something, Ruby killing the grunts thanks to Clay, and needing therapy as said gym leader leaves.
Robotv 7's Nuzlocke Challenge (FireRed and Sapphire):
- From Robot 7's comic there's his attempt to make his Hitmonlee more unique.
Let's see what TMs we have... *finds Attract* oh god yes...
- Also from Robot:
- Robot altering Dewford's trendy phrase.
Kid: Are you sure...?
Kid: OK! Hey everyone! The new trendy thing to say is ADULT TOYS! (Robot runs off laughing)
Freddy's Nuzlocke Adventure:
- Rosie's reaction to her first real battle being against an Onix. That face is priceless.
Rosie: what the fuck man
- Freddy encounters his rival in Pokemon Tower, with some Nuzlocke-flavored Fridge Logic adding a touch of hilarity.
Gary: Your Pokemon aren't dead. Why're you here? Eh, no matter. I can at least make 'em FAINT.
Freddy: (pause as it hits him) YOU SON OF A BITCH
- Lance's first apperance:
Lance: Are you a helpless 10 year old child?
Lance: HELP ME TAKE ON A GLOBAL MAFIA ORGANIZATION!
- Later, in Notepad's no-sleep run of Crystal, despite answering no, Lance still says exactly the same thing.
- "And so Daisy drank... and drank... all the way to the Pokemon Center."
- The Training Montage before the Elite Four match in his Gold run. Also a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- Freddy battling Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.
- I DON'T GIVE A FUCK◊
- I have two water pokemon!◊
- Freddy's reaction to first encountering a Team Rocket grunt in the Blue Nuzlocke Adventure.
Petty's Nuzlocke Runs:
- Rick at one point learns Rollout. Guess which song he sings for an entire battle later on?
- I believe it was verified somewhere that this was the entire point of his nickname.
- Of course, same battle also has a harsh case of Mood Whiplash when Leroy the Flareon dies due to an Electrode's self-destruct, with the music's lyrics playing in sync. Aside from that, the song makes it equal parts funny and awesome.
- And then I'll use that money... To buy WEED!
- When Locke sees a Nidoran in HG, a sailor moon Shout-Out (complete in a art-style parody) occurs out of nowhere. What then follows is a Flat "What." after it's done.
- When Lance and Locke send out their pokemon to fight the Rocket Grunts in Mahogany Town's Rocket HQ, the first two go like this:
- Rocket Grunt 2: It's probably another rattata that's tripped the wire. It's so sensiti-
(They see Lance, Locke, Dragonite, and Diva(Jigglypuff) ready to fight)
Rocket Grunt 2: Nope.
Rocket Grunt 1: W-Wait! (After seeing the two of them ready to unleash some hell) Y-You guys are so screwed!! W-we're gonna tell Ariana and Petrel about you and they'll kick your butts.
(Rocket Grunt 1 also runs away)
- Rocket Grunt 2: It's probably another rattata that's tripped the wire. It's so sensiti-
Nonparael's Nuzlocke Runs:
- Ara's Black run introduces quite possibly the best Alder ever: "Do you know who I am? I'm the goddamn Champion. FIGHT. NOW."
- Ara discussing with N how to "improve" the Team Plasma uniform... and what they come up with.
- "Wait a minute. Something has gone horribly wrong." "Let's never talk about this again."
- Ara reassuring Cheren of his sexuality... by way of Bianca's boobs. Hilarity Ensues.
- From Ara's Pearl run, we have Ara and Cyrus insulting each other through their Boss Subtitles.
- His Soul Silver "Game Of Chance" Nuzlocke is chock full of these. Everything from Edge's behavior to scribbling out Silver's name and writing in "Sugartits" before giving it to the Police Officer.
- Ara learned the hard way that hugging a Pawniard is not the best idea.
- While in the middle of raiding Team Galactic's Eterna Headquarters, Ara accidentally stumbles on a group of grunts playing Strip Poker.
Earl Grey's Ginjika Nuzlocke:
- Diego "Cook" the Quilava posting in his tumblr about how much he hates Azalea Town, and then stumbling with a local Scary Black Man Ekans, whom he believes has angered about the trash-talking he did about the town. After fighting him, the Ekans confesses he doesn't like the town either.
- Cook decides that his team needs a water Pokemon, so when he sees a lone Wooper he sends Audrey the Hoothoot to hypnotize him until K.O., then he and Belmont (the aftermentioned Ekans) carry him away and convince him to join the team.
- Belmont: Cook, this isn't going to look suspicious? I mean, a black man and a Mexican carrying out a fancy looking white boy-
- Marcel the Wooper is initially silent upon waking (aside from punching out Cook for kidnapping him). When he finally speaks, it's with a deep, accented voice, justified by his smoking habit but still distinctly unfitting for a fourteen-year-old (or a Wooper).
- Cook: *laughing* That gringo sounds like Pepe Le Pew!
- In the middle of this update, in between Diego training with and taking pride in his new teammates and a dramatic glimpse into his backstory, is a scenic view of his old home with a beautiful night sky... and the stars are spelling out "DICKS".
Manic's Screenshot Runs:
- In Fatal Platinum, how does our protagonist keep Lucian out of his mind? By conjuring up mental images of the most grotesque, hilariously vile things he can think of. The only thing specifically noted is "Pichu/Miltank pairings," but... well. And then when Lucian tries to read his Medicham (who has been a serious character throughout the run):
Lucian: Brrrr...let's see what you have in YOUR mind instead. A fellow psychic would never-Diell: Hippowdon lapdance.Lucian: OH COME ON!
- Manic tearing down the Voltorb Flip mini-game in Spirit Electrum to get thousands and thousands of coins, and the team's proceeding reactions.
*Manic advances to Lv. 7 of Voltorb Flip*Link: WHAT THE FUCK.Manic: What? It's easy.Will: The old guy is staring at you like you've got a tree growing out of your head!Gail: It's only a matter of time until you make a fatal mistake!Link: Ha! Gail's right. I mean, sure, you got this far, very nice. But this is the maximum level. There's no way you can-*Manic clears Lv. 7 as well*Link: What are you?!
- During Blinding Light, Mccoy the Escavalier sweeps Marshal while doing a hoedown. Which is funny in itself, but this tidbit stands out.
Zerzan: I can't believe this is working.X-4: He'd probably stop if Vile told him to. Vile?Vile: Yee Haw.X-4:Well, okay then.
- Once Manic reaches Goldenrod City in Argent Ante, he eventually returns to Voltorb Flip. The reactions are gold, especially Manic's complete nonchalance about it.
Velvet: You've won...more than ten thousand coins in an hour?Manic: Yeah, I had a few setbacks. Unlucky picks, things like that. I can still afford a nice TM, though!Alli: Uh, this guy looks ready to shit enough bricks to build a house. Maaaaybe we should call it quits for now?Manic: Hmmm? Yeah, I guess so. See you around!Voltorb Flip Guy: Please, I have a family!
- And in Full Circle, when Manic needs to choose a game to win May's soul back from Giratina, he chooses... Voltorb Flip, naturally.
- For the Sacred Spectre Q&A, two people decided to ask a question to Nate, the boy Manic was inhabiting during this run. The answer given?
*beep beep beep* We're sorry, the character you're trying to reach has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Please check your number and dial again.
- Ky-nim's Diamond run was full of funny moments, most of which involved either Haisi or Team Gaga.
- "Behold... DIALGAGA."
- Seeing N in Accumula:
- Any scene with Burgh and his Rainbow Aura
Burgh: Grab my scarf!
- The N Ferriswheel scene, which most Pokemon fans chalk up as romantic but the scene is anything but that.
- In the middle of Part 38 of her White Run, Alder is hosting a conference among the Gym Leaders. Good luck trying to take it seriously since a certain someone's rainbow-colored aura is hard to ignore
Nuzlocke: The Gold Standard
- The sheer amount of Lampshade Hanging, in general.
Silver, angrily: Ha. My sides split. Donít you just think youíre the funniest?Mike: I try not to challenge public opinion too much.
- And Mike and Silver's snark-offs.
- Also the author's fondness for the most unusual similes/metaphors he can come up with.
- Within the first real scene it refers to Mike's great Fetch Quest, which is struck out and replaced with 'epic journey'.
- 'Any minute now a bird outside is going to start tweeting a counter-melody, and when that happens there's nothing left but for The Author to get out Pokemon Platinum and hope that a new run turns out better this time.'
- Silver's outfit makes no sense, when you look at it.
- Professor Elm's unseen but highly scientific research, which involves an electrical buzzing, a lot of shouting and 'the unmistakable noise of something being hit repeatedly against a table edge', which leaves the floor and walls burnt and steaming when Mike enters.
- 'In that case, my starter will be Kingdra-'
- Professor Oak is not Professor Oak for humorous purposes.
- The scene back in Elm's lab after they were robbed.
- And then the scene with the Pokemon-catching-tutorial lady. 'I-AM-NOT-SHOUTING. I-AM-TALKING-IN-CAPITALS-AND-DASHES. THERE-IS-A-DIFFERENCE.'
- 'No combination of vowel sounds can do full justice to the noise Mike's mum made on meeting his starter. It included noises only recognised by small furry animals.'
- Mike specifically buys a pair of black trousers to distance himself as much as he can from people like Youngster Joey.
- (The description of the move Leech Life has been removed in the name of common decency.)
- Elm's request when handing over the Egg, turned into a cosmic feat of awkwardness. 'You want me to be its mother?'
Aide: Oh, well now, it's not quite like that-Mike: How isn't it?!
- The Egg generally seems to be a very good source of innuendo, such as the scene where it hatches.
- Kate the Spearow casually insulting Kurt, made all the funnier because in this version of events he can't understand a word she's saying.
- 'Er, you're better now are you?' 'Yes.'
- The many attempts and many fails to catch the Ilex Forest Farfetch'd.
- Alexander evolving: "Hot damn! ...I'm awesome!"
- 'The Oddish went end over end into the bushes and stayed down in the hope that whatever terrible monster had struck it would leave and spare its innocent life.'
- Upon arriving in Goldenrod City, Mike's team proceed to blow all his money on all the many attractions. To the tune of Lonely Island's 'Japan'.
- Which then comes back to bite Sammy and Kate, when the Miltank Mike catches outside Olivine City turns out to be the same one as the one they dunked in the river back in Goldenrod.
- 'For Whom the Doorbell Tolls.'
- Zach mistaking the voices of his team members for the summons of Arceus, which then gives him the impression on hearing them argue with each other that the Poke-God is having an identity crisis.
- The image of a Miltank using Milk Drink apparently scars Sammy's mind for life. Think about it.
- In the seventy-fourth annual Bug-Catching Contest, Mike lures out a Scyther by hanging one of his team members up as bait and then as soon as one shows up dump-tackling it and wrestling it himself. Made funnier by Archie's Captain Oblivious mutterings about general unfairness of life as behind him his trainer fights a giant preying mantis monster with his bare hands.
- Harry the Sudowoodo.
- 'The Legendary Pokemon rage quit'.
- 'Nameís Bill. PC designer, professional Pokemaniac. I proved recently that the Internet is a series of tubes.'
- 'What? Never seen a bird with a mohawk before?'
- At the Tin Tower:
Mike: This is completely ridiculous! It's not like I'm going to be blasted by bolts of divine thunder as soon as I step foot within, am I?Sage: Ho-Oh is a great and proud being.
- Every time Silver's Haunter attempts to use Curse, it always goes wrong. The second time, he gets as far as opening his mouth before saying 'Oh bugger-' as Colin Bites straight through him.
- Mike's total inability to navigate either Morty or Pryce's Gyms.
- Nikki, never having left Union Cave, is incredibly excited at the thought of meeting pirates on the open seas. Mike is totally unable to persuade her otherwise.
- And then she squees at the sight of the Red Gyrados while everyone else is panicking.
- The All-Natural Snake Oil Cianwood medicine.
- 'What do you want me to do with this, eat it?'
- Colin does some late-day grinding to evolve into the Espeon he's wanted to be for the last five chapters. He does evolve... but he misses sunset by thirty seconds and becomes an Umbreon. The Big "NO!" and sheer sense of karmic backlash make it.
- 'Mike, you need another Normal type like you need a hole in your head. I could provide you with either of those if you ask.'
- Mike making it very clear that Whitney has been Forgiven, but Not Forgotten.
- The Dressing as the Enemy sequence. All of it. When Mike sends Solenoid to steal a Team Rocket uniform for him, he forgets to specify a male one. This leads to everyone from the Executives to the Director to his rival all being very surprised and worried to see him attempting to rescue an entire city in a black skirt and short top. In the end he just gives up and says 'It's one of those kinds of days'.
- The Director's I Am Very British speech style.
- Silver's Haunter, who asks Silver if he can still be shouted at again.
- When said Haunter does eventually Curse Colin, he gives a very dramatic display and Curses him that 'your spudger be wrecked beyond measure, your mahonia be gashed to the shales and your victuals be torn asunder!' He then smirks, satisfied at having spent an evening with The Saffron Expediated Dictionary Of Eye-Watering Words finding useful words "like 'spudger' (a small tool used for accessing inconvenient mechanical parts), 'victuals' (food provisions), 'shales' (shells) and 'mahonia' (a type of small bush, predominantly found in Eastern countries)."
- Mike resorts to using Perish Song to beat Clair's Kingdra. When Nikki sings it, the narration says that Mike just about manages to make out the lyrics of the song that can kill in three turns - Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up.
- After Koga pins Mike's sleeve to a tree with a throwing star, Mike casually asks him 'Are you even going to unpin me from this tree or anything, or is being caught and incapacitated part of the service?'
- Bruno's Elite Four room is filled with searing lava - not long after Blackthorn City Gym, which had exactly the same. This gets Mike and Kate debating what he would call any memoirs of his journey - suggestions include Dangerous Things I've Walked Across, Around The Region In Sixty Screw-Ups and The Gold Standard.
Mike: What's that got to do with my life?Kate: I don't think of everything, sunshine. I'm just a bird.
- Mike drops to the floor immediately upon entering Karen's darkened Elite Four room so he can crawl safely past the inevitable chasm in the floor - and crawls straight into Karen's legs.
- Karen's somewhat romanticised depiction of the Dark-type being completely ruined by the existence of, well, Colin.
- When Mike goes round his team after the Championship battle and tells them how much he values them and their committment, when it comes to Colin he just bluntly tells it as it is - Colin's a dick that he can't stand. Colin replies that he appreciates the honesty.
- From Dennis's Revenge: The Johto Takeover:
Falkner: Dennis, why do you seek to fix what Arceus (who is masquerading as Silver) has done?
Dennis (actually Genosect in human form): Look at this place! Legendaries all over, level 3 fully evolved Pokemon, even Pokemon that don't belong in their regions are here! And you still have your two derps!
Falkner: You did NOT just call my precious birds DERPS! I'll take you down! Go, Pidgey!
- In Lenni's white run, when Nel's sewaddle evolves.◊
- Azer's run has at least one in every page... but a combination of the earlier image of Godzilla (a charmeleon) hugging Azer and the later statement "He likes hugs" takes the cake for this troper.
- In Aouli's run, Canterbury the Butterfree explains to the protagonist what "flashing" is. And no, not the HM move.
- Pencil's Leaf Green Nuzlocke Drunk Dallas makes everything better
- Azza's LeafGreen run at the beginning of comic 8, when Jasmine the Jigglypuff joins the party:
Jasmine: (using Sing) I wake up in the morning feeling like P-Diddy...
Azza: NO. Learn real music. (puts a pair of headphones on Jasmine)
Jasmine: What the... (music starts blasting, Jasmine becomes stunned)
- In comic 10, during the training.
Minge: LEARN SOMETHING, DAMMIT!!!
Esther: Ow! Ow! Ow!
Esther learned something!
Minge: See? There is no problem that can't be solved by hitting it until it does something you want.
- In comic 10, during the training.
- In Oh Gosh, Platinum Nuzlocke, naming a psyduck "Implying I."
Implying I used water gun. Implying I grew to level 18. Implying I can't learn more than four moves. Implying I forgot how to use tail whip. Implying I learned confusion!Oh Gosh: That was amusing. *boxes Implying I*
- Why its probably okay to have the No Dupes rule on, after getting 5 of the same damn thing, you are like a derp magnet. And yes, there is a facepalm.
- The following comic provides possibly the best ever interpretation of a Diglett's body underneath the soil. It must be seen for itself, to describe it would be to spoil it.
- Urahara's Scorched Earth Nuzlocke:
(after nicknaming a Skiploom Deedeelion)
Verona the Mismagius: You're the most creative person.
Jasmine: Shut up. Or do you want me to rename you oldladyhat?
- In Infecting the World: The Ultimate Bug Monolocke, ZP's opinion on Victory Road's boulder puzzles:
"It's like there are magical fuck-you gnomes that want to make your day miserable."
- Golden Bells has a very funny prologue. Starts off serious, with a text about the challenge, all while the protagonist is being dragged by her starter.◊
- French's Fire Red nuzlocke features Wilton the Gloom. Talking his way through the Cerulean Gym◊
- This guy makes the best of a bad situation.
- In Nix's Nuzlocke, Quinn switches bodies with Bill and immediately turns on him. When they switch back, she makes a beeline for him, but is stopped by Amazon's Stun Spore.