open/close all folders
The Garden Children/Fatal Hounds
AlphA boy who lives in the Ever Garden with his comrades and his younger brother Theo. A bit stubborn, but has a strong sense of right and wrong.
- Big Brother Instinct
- The Hero
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Alph initially subverts this, with his first skill being Rifle(he is a Rifleman, after all. He melees with a sword though, and his second skill, as well as both Flash Drives, are sword attacks, until his class change. Then all of his Flash Drives involve blasting with the Rifle and Rym-power.
- Idiot Hair
- The Musketeer
- Our Dragons Are Different
CecilleA priestess at the Ever Garden. She's very kind-hearted, and believes in the teachings of the Luminous Verses.
- Church Militant: Even more so than her companions by virtue of being a priestess.
- Magikarp Power: She's practically indispensable once she gets her class change.
- Making a Splash: Her element is water until her class change.
TheoAlph's younger brother.
- Big Brother Worship: He holds Alph in high regard.
- Idiot Hair
- Our Dragons Are Different
- Trademark Favorite Food: Theo is a connoisseur of all things egg.
LeonA close friend of Alph, Theo, and Cecille. Leon has always looked up to his father, and strives to become a strong warrior and live up to his legacy.
- Anime Hair
- BFS: His weapon of choice
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Magic Knight
- You Killed My Father: To Sir Andre, after he absentmindedly gloated about his current position.
NikolaiA "witch fanboy".
- Camp Straight: He acts very flamboyant, has a high-pitched voice, and could probably pass for a woman in terms of appearance. Despite this, he fights with Leon over Cecille, and hits on every single Witch the party meets.
- Expy: Consider how Nicolai acts around Witches. Now replace "witches" with "Officer Jenny/Nurse Joy". You now have Brock.
- Handsome Lech
SakiAnother friend of Alph's from his childhood in Ever Garden. Though she's often busy doing reconnasance work, fate brings her to fight alongside her old comrades.
Residents of Witch Village
LuciaThe Dawn Witch. She came to Ever Garden disguised as a maid in order to find her 'Rym', which turned out to be Alph. Was forced to part ways with Alph soon after, but they rejoin in time. Comes off as cold, but actually cares for people despite her guarded personality.
VanessaThe Witch of Immolation. Has a fiery, strong, violent, and impulsive attitude.
- Fanservice: If fanservice was a solid substance, you could pour it into a dress and get Vanessa.
- The Lad-ette: Her demeanor should be a dead giveaway, but if you missed it, there's still her Weapon of Choice, her gauntlets, the way she treats her own Kopin, and the fact that the second time you find her, she's on the corner of a bar downing some mugs.
- Ms. Fanservice: Each of her intermissions with the main character are rife with double meanings, with only a few exceptions.
- Nice Hat
- Playing with Fire: There's a reason she's called the Witch of Immolation.
- Pretty in Mink
- Sinister Scythe
ViviThe Sky Witch. She's quite lazy.
MaviThe Nature Witch. She doesn't trust humans, due to their habit of hunting things to extinction.
MelThe Torrent Witch. She idolizes heroes.
ClaireThe leader of the Witches. However, she's not at all confident in her abilities...
Sage PayanA old and wise manatee with the ability to talk. He can identify any Vitae in the world, and can use them to give weapons, armor, and accessories special traits. If the right assistant is picked, and the right Vitae are used, the equipment can turn into a completely different item with vastly improved statistics.
Alice and ThereseThe two young girls that assist Sage Payan when imbuing items with Vitae.
Pollon-PollonSage Payan's assistant, who's asked to accompany Alph's group to learn the ways of the world.
- Joke Character: Pollon-Pollon's high damage output is coupled with an abysmal hit-rate, and he's the only character who never gets a Synergy. Also, he's a dugong.
The Luminous Church
HeathAn Arc Knight for the Luminous Church, who is prepared to throw himself into any battle to fight for justice. Also known as the "Cleansing Flame".
- Big Brother Mentor: To the Garden Children, especially to Alph.
- Blade on a Stick
- Fake Defector
- Freudian Excuse: His hatred of witches comes from a loved one being mistaken for a witch and getting executed for it. May or may not be Iris.
- Magic Knight: He learns a mix of physical techniques and magical spells.
- Reasonable Authority Figure
- Red Baron: The Cleansing Flame.
- Team Dad
KaiThe former head of the Eurus Knights, whose brigade was wiped out due to an incident with the Thunder Lapister. He managed to escape unscathed, and his friend Heath asks him to protect the Garden Children for him.
AndreCurrent leader of the Zephiryon Knights unit of the Luminous Church, and Kingston's assistant. He's quite proud of his "manly biceps".
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Evil Gloating: To Leon, whose father, the previous Zephyron Knights leader, he killed.
- Klingon Promotion
Provost HugoA weak-willed priest that tends to accompany more forceful people such as Andre, and distresses at how much punishment he'll receive for his current partner's reckless actions.
KingstonCardinal of the Luminous Church. Assists the Grand Cardinal, and wields the real power of the Church.
JohannesThe 13-year-old Grand Cardinal.
- Heroic Host: Johannes' very reason for being in such a position despise his young age is because it was foretold he'd become the vessel for God, and bring a new era of peace.
- Demonic Possession: implied, once it finally happens. Should come as no surprise, given God's actual motives.
IrisA "Steel Witch" created by Kingston to fight back against the real Witches. She was originally an orphan that Heath rescued.
- Emotionless Girl: Averted, despite being "man-made" she despises the Witches and really cares for Sir Heath.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Sacrifices herself to save Heath.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Her memory was mostly erased when she was made into the Steel Witch, but she still remembers her relationship with Sir Heath.
- Robot Girl
- Shock and Awe