"Wipe that stupid smirk off your face, will you?"
- The Alcoholic
- All There in the Manual: His last name "Noir" was revealed in a character popularity poll in December 2012.
- Badass Longcoat
- Cigarette of Anxiety: The guy keeps smoking like a small factory.
- Fedora of Asskicking
- Jerk Ass
- Killed Off for Real: Via I Will Only Slow You Down.
- Perma Stubble
- Private Eye Monologue
- The Snark Knight
- Trigger Happy: His first reaction to seeing Azrael is to instantly pull out a gun and fire repeatedly.
- Unreliable Narrator: His Private Eye Monologue more often contradicts the actual events taking place on-screen than not, and it continuously paints him in better light than in reality.
King Arthur of Camelot
"When ye Lady o' Ye Lake handed me ye Excalibur, it was ye signe that God had chosen me to be ye King! ...eth."
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Despite being a good 20-30 years older than other heroes, he can still lay the smack down as everyone else.
- Badass Beard
- The Chosen One: Tries to invoke this to claim the title of the leader among the group of heroes. Others don't buy it.
- Cool Old Guy: See Authority Equals Asskicking above.
- Dual Wielding: Can fight with Excalibur in one hand, the Sword in the Stone in other.
- Expressive Shirt: The Sun emblem on his armour changes according to surrounding events.
- Funetik Aksent: Interesting variation: King Arthur speaks Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe complete with different font and big, ornated initial letters.
- Leader Wannabe: Tries unsuccessfully to use his authority as the king over the other heroes.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something
- Whole Costume Reference: To Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Art Evolution: During the gap between Hero Material and the sequel he lost the eyepatch that was barely visible anyway and his uniform became more detailed and realistic.
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Big "NO!": When Private Jim dies in his arms.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep
- Expy: Looks like The Soldier's twin brother, though is much more competent and somewhat more level-headed.
- Hidden Eyes: We never see his eyes thanks to his a few sizes too big helmet.
- Manly Tears / Single Tear: When he reminiscing his fallen private.
- Oral Fixation: He is almost always seen chewing on some kind of straw.
- Perma Stubble
- Sergeant Rock
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: At least after Private Jim dies.
- Art Evolution: His whole attire was redesigned between Hero Material and the sequel. He also grew a beard.
- Barbarian Hero
- The Big Guy
- Boisterous Bruiser: Not to quite the extent of Captain Obvious, though.
- Carpet of Virility
- Fashionable Asymmetry: His toga only goes over one shoulder, and his wrist braces look different in each hand.
- Improbable Weapon User: Sometimes prefers beating others with his shield.
- Mundane Fantastic/ Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Nobody seems to pay any special attention to the man in a toga who appeared carrying a three-headed dog.
- Public Domain Character: Originates from Greek Mythology.
"Well, it seems like I have been teleported into another dimension!"
- The Ace
- Boisterous Bruiser
- The Cape: Without the cape, though.
- Captain Obvious: Naturally.
- Captain Superhero
- Chest Insignia: Has a large "O" printed on the chest of his suit. Given the colouring it looks like a huge bullseye.
- Clark Kenting: His secret identity, which consists of fake moustache and glasses on top of his regular mask.
- Expressive Mask
- Flying Brick: Fits the trope without actually being able to fly.
- Lightning Bruiser: His Super Strength combined with Super Speed.
- No Indoor Voice
- Phrase Catcher: "Thank you, Captain Obvious!"
- Secret Identity Identity: The way he dons his secret identity on top of his mask makes it seem like that his alter ego is the mask and that Captain Obvious is his true identity.
"Saving the world is not part of my gig repertoire."
- Killed Off for Real
- The Load
- No Name Given: The name "Guitar Hero" comes from his concept art in deviantArt.
- Opaque Lenses
- The Rock Star
- The Stoner
- Too Dumb to Live
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Realizes very early on that he is not real Hero Material, so he decides to let the other heroes go on their way and focus on composing music. This would have been a perfectly reasonable solution if he had not decided to do this while in Hell.
- Big Good
- Deadpan Snarker
- Our Angels Are Different
- Puny Humans: The way he speaks to the heroes seems sometimes very belittling.
- Winged Humanoid
Fawste the Victorious
"Unfortunately I must insist that you stay here... FOREVER."
- BFS: His weapon of choice is a sword thrice his size.
- Big Bad
- Deal with the Devil
- Evil Makes You Ugly / Evil Makes You Monstrous
- Fallen Hero
- Faux Affably Evil: His politeness only carries as far as he is not opposed.
- Love Makes You Evil: His ultimate motive is to take over the afterlife in order to find his dead lover.
- Meaningful Name
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Fawsté the Juggernaut
- One-Handed Zweihänder: He wields his ridiculously large sword with only one arm. Extra points for the fact that he is capable of doing this despite being about the only hero in the cast without the needed muscular body type.
- Shoulders of Doom
- Spikes of Villainy
- Walking Spoiler
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds