Characters: Beast Machines
Check the Beast Wars
character sheet for the returning cast.
Voiced By: Alessandro Juliani
- A Boy and His X: After Megatron's spark exits him and he loses sentience, he has this relationship with Nightscream.
- Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons
- Jekyll & Hyde: Noble is benign to a fault and Savage is uncontrollable. Initially this turns out to be an act since Noble is actually Megatron stuck in his organic half. After they split, the trope is played somewhat straight - though neither Noble nor Savage display any sentience.
- Killed Off for Real
- Mix And Match Creature: of a dragon and a wolf.
- Noble Wolf: Fittingly enough, the wolf aspect calls itself "noble" and is a pretty Nice Guy.
- Redemption Demotion: A very strange case. After Megatron's spark takes over the Grand Mal his Noble/Savage body continues to live on with only a primitive animal intelligence.
- Team Pet
Voiced By: Kathleen Barr
- And I Must Scream: Subverted. Waspinator was fully aware of what was going on, but didn't care because he enjoyed it so much. It's also slightly implied that he had greater control than Jetstorm and Tankor, citing his "the brooding loner bit."
- Badass Biker: Well, bike, anyway.
- Badass Baritone
- Butt Monkey: For a while mid second season, it seemed as if Thrust resumed Waspinator's old role, being bashed by everyone. Given that he is Waspinator, this was likely intentional. By the end of the series, he has regained the respect of his fellow Vehicons and is no longer bashed around.
- Sparkjacked And Crazy
- Card-Carrying Villain
- The Dragon: For part of season 2.
- Enigmatic Minion
- Honor Before Reason: He doesn't care about what Megatron will do to Cybertron.
- The Slow Path
- That Man Is Dead: Actually, he's the only one of the original three not to bother with this trope at all.
- Took a Level in Badass
- Undying Loyalty: He was Megatron's faithful servant until the very end even when the latter was seemingly killed. He has nothing but hatred for any perceived traitors, especially Jetstorm/Silverbolt.
Obsidian & Strika
Voiced By: Paul Dobson
(Obsidian), Patricia Drake (Strika)
A small, spherical drone that acted as, more or less, Megatron's butler.