Awesome / BZPRPG
While the BZPRPG
has many Awesome Moments, these are just the few most memorable.
- Mangai-Hau's one-upping of the Spherus in his nonchalant melting into the ground to create a passageway into the Absurdly Spacious Sewer of Aensetr Derrum counts. Especially seeing as they thought he was a normal matoran up until then.
- Both Mars' Look What I Can Do Now moments count (see the BZPRPG page). As well, every time she uses Combat Pragmatism and/or gets serious counts, especially during both rounds of Mars V. Zarayna. Essentially, every single time Mars kicks butt, she's being awesome while going at it.
- Viveloc has one in almost every fight he's been in, usually doubling as Spanner in the Works moments too:
- In the Me-kiri riots, he is ambushed by a Toa of Fire, but dodges the blast with a jet, whips around, and turns the unfortunate rioter's head into swiss cheese. He then proceeds to find out what the heck is going on, grapple onto a two-story building, and hold it for several hours alongside Najin, who eventually needs to recharge his weapons and retreats. As soon as Najin is done, he runs back to the fight...And finds that Viveloc is standing right next to a pile of corpses.
- Next, Viv journeys to Se-kiri, where he finds Kid Hero Ishi being chased by several other bullying matoran. The soldier doesn't think twice about unloading More Dakka and killing every one of them before helping the matoran, even bringing him to the hospital and leaving behind a note saying where he went before leaving on the quest for ammunition.
- When he and Mif' travel to the Forbidden Realms to obtain ammo and hop on the Shadow, they are found out. The ensuing battle involves a Leap and Fire and some Stuff Blowing Up from our favorite soldier ending with several pirate Red Shirts dead.
- When Viveloc pops out his weapons in defiance of Mif's master and threatens to shoot, he is warned by both his Smug Snake foe and Mif' that said foe will be Taking You with Me in a Stuff Blowing Up Batman Gambit if the soldier fires. Viveloc's response? Shoot everything he's got. Insert said smug snake's "Oh Crap!".
: "Someone certainly has a bit of the dramatic flare
- Next, Viveloc, Fraashion, and Mif' travel to the black market of Aensetr Derrum to attack the Smug Snake and his partner in crime in their natural habitat. He pulls off two there:
- 1. Viveloc is told to make a stealthy entrance and scout out the room, checking first to see where the two targets are, before making leading the attack. What he actually does? Bust down the door while going Shouting Shooter with More Dakka into the room.
- Aexias has several:
- In her first post, Aexias stabs a poor matoran through the stomach into his heart in public, killing him beneath her cloak as she kisses him.
- When Aexias is being tested for potential hiring by the pirates of The Old Nickel, they throw multiple kanoka at her. Thinking that she should keep up her disguise as an Ice Toa or risk not being hired, she cuts each and every one of the Kanoka at such high speeds with her small blades that what can be seen from the distance the pirates are at appears to be icicles slicing the disks in half.
- Later in Aexias V. Romulus, Romulus uses their mutual elemental ability as a Skakdi to his advantage and draws from both their pools of elemental energy to throw a dagger of ice at Aexias. Said assassin scoffs at this and proceeds to create two other arms of ice ending in small swords to attack.
- Three words: Dreenan vs. Joske. The fact that Dreenan came closer to killing Makuta's Dragon by herself than an unspecified but reportedly very large number of far more skilled warriors before her is an amazing feat in and of itself; then you realize that she did it despite being trapped in a metal suit, gagged, forcibly enslaved and with a forced addiction for an energy that only he could provide for her. He possesses a ridiculous amount of powerful magical abilities and that they were inside of a Xa-Kuta base where guards could have found and killed her at any time.
- Perkahn's lecturing of a Muaka until it turned tail and ran is pretty darn epic. Granted, he also was giving it Armor-Piercing Slaps, but that doesn't detract at all from the awesome.
- In Tarex' first battle in the NBZP, he pulls a Big Damn Heroes moment, leaping in to attack a Wild Muaka, saving the life of another PC, whom he's never met. The ensuing battle shows off the levels in badass he's gained since his backstory.
- Hau's fight with Kriigata is awesome on both sides. However, Hau gets THE real awesome moment:
: (Weakly, as he falls)
You know something? I'll keep the story short...When I was younger...I was told one great piece of advice from those who wanted me to use my powers in combat...Light. 'Em
. Up. (Electrifies chain, causing Kriigata to subsequently get lit up)
- The Infernavika is attacked by a group of people seeking revenge. The Captain fires kanoka at them-they're parried. He shoots his repeating crossbow at them-that's blocked as well. He then throws his surujin at them which ends up being dodged as well later on. So what does he do? Charge in with kukri pretending to not know what he's doing, blocks and parries a kick to the chest and two katanas all while he gets them into a grappling hold, and tops it off by hitting them in a surprise attack with explosive...up their anus.
- Matau's actions when the Mystix invade Le-Koro is a massive Crowning Moment of Awesome for him. It has to be read to be believed.
- The destruction of the Rama Hive: The Island Liberation Squad (a player-controlled group) and several of the islands' militaries plus a Ragtag Bunch of Misfits took down a bastion of Big Creepy-Crawlies serving the Big Bad in a Big Badass Battle Sequence. The battle itself has many Moments Of Awesome:
- 15 Ussalry charged twice and killed thousands of bugs each time, cutting gigantic tide-turning swathes in the opposing forces. Without casualties.
- Trakuda followed Reordin through the fighting, but slowly accumulated more and more injuries as he guarded his friend's back. When he finally decides to give his life to kill a rahkshi, awesome ensues.
- Reordin himself stacked up a kill count in the hundreds with some Improvised Weaponry, even creating rama steeds. Each part of the fight included another Moment of Awesome for him as he bifurcated bugs with bladed disks, killed rahkshi with explosives, etc.
- Sulov V. Muaka. Credit goes to the cat for dedication and ingenuity in coming closer to killing the matoran than anything else yet, but Sulov has the real Moment of Awesome when he successfully outwits and slices to pieces the bane of his race in a battle relying heavily on his power and intelligence.
- Perkahn manages to convince the whole Crew of the Infernavika to leave their well-self-paid jobs in something of a peaceful mutiny to go on a dangerous (albeit heroic) quest with absolutely no reward involved. They do change their minds when the captain gets replaced, but... for a moment there, his persuasion skills had indeed gone Up to Eleven in a true Crowning Moment of Awesome.