Hey tropers, we are working hard on making consistent progress with the wiki and being better about updating everyone with what we are doing. We released an update today with the following changes listed under each staff member that worked on them. Expect to see updates on this thread every 1-3 weeks with things we are updating. Please comment below if something is broken or not fixed properly. We will also work on creating a separate changelog page to make it easier to reference in case this thread gets too long.
Note (Oct 31, 2018): If you are reporting an issue with being unable to post anywhere on the site, edit your posts, or log in, please check to see if you have an IPv6 address. You can do this at https://test-ipv6.com/. Tell us if you have one in your post, but do not give out your actual IP.
== KLINT ==
1. Fixed article image max-widths for good this time, hopefully (350px max width)
2. Passwords are no longer displayed in plain text, after successfully being changed from profile page
3. Fixed username links on Cut Requests page
4. Users can now delete liveblog comments
5. Starting a new forum thread will now apply forum markup correctly
6. Fixed word-wrapping for long text links (no longer break to a new line)
7. Fixed edit functionality for posts in discussion threads
8. Fixed double posting issue on query pages for certain tropers (shoutout to instanityprelude)
9. Fixed “save draft” functionality in forums (now saves the whole post, instead of up to the first line-break) (also will now delete the saved post after successfully posting)
10. Fixed spacing around featured trope images on homepage
11. Tuned up WMG Headings style
== END: KLINT ==
== KLAYTEN ==
1. The "Alternate Title(s)" section on the individual trope page no longer touches the ad on mobile.
2. The infinite scroll feature on the browse page is active again.
3. There is now a space between "On Topic Conversations." and "You".
4. Small typo of "Ineligable" instead of "Ineligible".
5. "Television" link under "Media" tab on side bar now links to "https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/Television" instead of "https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Television". https://tvtropes.org/
6. Font size for "Latest Trope Edits", "Latest Forum Activity", and "Launch Pad Activity" is now larger on the home page for mobile.
7. We hid the comic viewer on the main page until we finish the replacement.
8. Now only Tropes will appear on the home page under "Newest Trope".
9. For Google Analytics, we split the categories for guests versus members so we can track who visits our site the most.
== END: KLAYTEN ==
== RICHARD ==
1. Fixed last modified date that was previously showing much longer times than there actually was since the last time an article was modified. Previously said, "11 years ago" as the last modified date : https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OutOfFocus
2. Got rid of bloated 3rd party adblock message and created our own to alert non-members when their adblock is on. To test, visit any two pages, while not logged in with your adblocker on.
== END: RICHARD ==
== CHRIS ==
1. Enable caching system for server - If you are NOT logged-in you'll receive a cached page from the server which can be as old as 3 minutes old. Unless you submit a form then it will bypass the caching system. This should greatly reduce the server load so it doesn't have to dynamically build the page for every pageview millions of times per day. The future versions should cache trope/forum pages for everyone and then rebuild it only when something changes.
2. Remove unused pixels (ie: comscore, retargeting, etc.)
== END: CHRIS ==
== TOM ==
1. Fixed 'Avatar sharing bug' where users were able to share avatars with other users that did not have the 'avatar sharing' feature enabled in their account.
2. Re-enabled the 'Main' namespace in https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/namespace_index.php and paginated the results.
3. Redirect pages can now be edited without an error being displayed.
4. Protection against cross-site scripting like this: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WesternAnimation/%22%3E%3Cbody_____onload_=___alert%28%27xss%27%29%3E
5. Setup new email account to contact Moderators and made changes to the 'Contact Us' form to support it. 6. Cutting a page no longer deletes links to it's related pages.
7. Fixed errors in the error log and slow query log.
8. removal of all anti-vandalism page-locking code.
== END TOM ==
- Added pagination to all namespaces.
- Bug fixes and messaging around editing locked pages.
- Title link edit bug fix in TRS/IP threads fixed.
- Crowner bug fixes (partial fixes deployed, additional fixes in progress)
- GDPR Integration.
- Image Pickin' typos
- Links at bottom of mobile page for "back" and "top"
- Forum crowner styles and layouts should be back to normal, mostly.
- Crowner voting doesn't change the icon to a weird swirly-eyed face when you click on the arrows.
- Moderators can edit locked articles again.
- The edit lock icon now appears and performs correctly on all views of an article, not just the primary one.
- namespace_index.php pagination now works as expected.
- [Moderation] Moderators can now view substantially more accounts queued for approval, so we shouldn't lose them any more.
Edited by Fighteer on Jan 10th 2019 at 4:26:56 AM