- Accidental Innuendo: "Come on, Johnny Longbow. I'd like to see you live up to your name." (Emphasis already present in film).
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Johnny Longbow. He's easily the most competent person in the movie. Plus, he makes a fine stew.
- Fan Nickname: Johnny Longbone for Longbow.
- Meet Cute: The entire first scene of the movie (i.e., the harebrained "prank") is intended as one.
- The "prank" at the beginning of the movie.
- Kathy "hanging" off the "edge of a cliff", when she's obviously just laying flat on the ground at a slight angle. The narmiest part is her Dull Surprise monotone "Paul. Help me", especially when it looks like she just needs to stand up.
- Johnny being Not So Stoic.Johnny: (Suddenly SHOUTING!) PAUL IS NOT PAUL ANYMORE!!!
- The way the monster dies is just silly, walking in place.
- Nightmare Retardant: The monster isn't the most intimidating creature in history.
- Special Effect Failure:
- The real moon evidently backed out of the movie at the last second, so at one point we're treated to an obvious picture of it as Paul transforms.
- The "burning toast" meteor in the prologue.
- Strangled by the Red String: Paul and Cathy have no chemistry together, but they've fallen in love after a few days. Johnny has more sexual tension with Paul than she does; the same goes for Johnny and Cathy.
YMMV / Track of the Moon Beast