- Accidental Innuendo: "Come on, Johnny Longbow. I'd like to see you live up to your name." (Emphasis already present in film).
- Awesome Music: Guess. Mike and the 'bots' snark aside, Frank Larrabee's "California Lady" is a straight up banger.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Johnny Longbow. He's easily the most competent person in the movie. Plus, he makes a fine stew.
- Fan Nickname: Johnny Longbone for Longbow.
- Meet Cute: The entire first scene of the movie (i.e., the harebrained "prank") is intended as one.
- The "prank" at the beginning of the movie. In particular Johnny's line, "sorry for rushing the Halloween season," which rivals "this is where the fish lives" and "everyone who goes there doesn't talk" for the title of most incomprehensible MST3k dialogue.
- Kathy "hanging" off the "edge of a cliff", when she's obviously just laying flat on the ground at a slight angle. The narmiest part is her Dull Surprise monotone "Paul. Help me", especially when it looks like she just needs to stand up.
- Johnny being Not So Stoic.Johnny: (Suddenly SHOUTING!) PAUL IS NOT PAUL ANYMORE!!!
- The way the monster dies is just silly, walking in place.
- Nightmare Retardant: The monster isn't the most intimidating creature in history.
- Special Effect Failure:
- The real moon evidently backed out of the movie at the last second, so at one point we're treated to an obvious picture of it as Paul transforms.
- The "burning toast" meteor in the prologue.
- Strangled by the Red String: Paul and Cathy have no chemistry together, but they've fallen in love after a few days. Johnny has more sexual tension with Paul than she does; the same goes for Johnny and Cathy.
YMMV / Track of the Moon Beast