- Catharsis Factor: Seeing all three killers meet their demise is this for those who didnt like that they got away with their crimes in the first movie.
- Critical Dissonance: The film has received mixed to negative reviews from critics (with a 35% Tomatometer rating on Rotten Tomatoes), but audiences have overall been more positive (albeit still rather mixed, with 65% on the same site).
- Jerkass Woobie: Kinsey really deserves a hug for everything she endured, especially the trauma she deals with at the end as her mind makes her think the killers are still alive.
- What an Idiot!: All over the place, really.
- Mike threatens the Man in the Mask with a revolver, warning him to stay away. He complies for the time being, but given the nature of the bodies they found, you'd think it would be safe to assume these aren't the sort of people who can be reasoned with.
- Luke points the same gun at Dollface, ordering her to drop her knife, which she does, and Luke just continues to back away while pointing the gun at her, then runs away with Kinsey.
- Kinsey hides from the Man in the Mask in the tubes, and he doesn't seem to realize that she's there,note despite having his headlights on. Then she screams at him.
- Another one from Luke: he whacks Pinup Girl in the head with a golf club, then kneels down to unmask her ... only for her to grab him. Barely averted, however, when he picks up her knife and stabs her to death.
YMMV / The Strangers: Prey at Night