- Crosses the Line Twice: At the very beginning and never lets up.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: A very, very dark comedy with less comedy and more morbidity that follows a pair of Monster Clowns who undergo grotesque physical mutilations and Sanity Slippage before going on a murderous rampage all for a woman they both loved.
- Evil Is Sexy: Sergio...up until a point.
- Jerkass Woobie: Both Javier and Sergio by the end of the film.
- Moral Event Horizon: Sergio becomes a full monster after his disfigurement. And he wasn't a nice guy to begin with.
- Also Javier when he does said disfiguring. At that point, it's all downhill into eventual insanity.
- True Art Is Angsty: However, despite the Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy above, this film was still acclaimed at the reception.
YMMV / The Last Circus