- Author's Saving Throw: The 4th Episode, which centers around New Years Resolution, aired at the end of January rather than the middle as it was intended, so a scene was added at the end where Jason, Kameron, Garrett, and Anthony question Ashley's decision to do Resolutions so late in the month.
- Cargo Ship: Garrett and a bottle of Dr. Pepper in the 6th episode.
- Growing the Beard: The show's true potential doesn't shine completely through until the Christmas Episode, which set series' tendency to pair wacky hijinks with genuinely tender moments, or subvert both.
- Ho Yay: Jason and Scooter on several occasions, the most notable being Scooter's reaction to Jason being his "secret admirer."Scooter: So, uh...you're not interested...Jason: No Scooter! That's the point. No one is interested in you!Scooter: I beg to differ, because you did write me clues about Valentine's Day, and you got me...a cake...
- Jerkass Woobie: Both Scooter and Garrett get this treatment to some extent. The Valentine's Day Episode reveals them both to be people whose jerkish attitudes stem from their denied loneliness.
- Squick: Anthony's opinion on twerking condemns it as resembling "violent pooping."
- Unpopular Popular Character: Myles, and also Luciano to some extent.
- Theme Pairing: Taylor and Garrett's relationship is based primarily on their similar - if cynical - world views.
- The Woobie / Iron Woobie: Myles lives this trope, so much that he's the only consistently likable character.
YMMV / The Classroom