- Continuity Lockout: The comic not only requires knowledge from the previous Street Fighter comics by Udon, but also the Darkstalkers comics that were even older, didn't sell well and were not even made by the same publisher, but also share continuity with this event.
- Designated Hero: Morrigan, or this version of Morrigan, is by all accounts just as despicable and evil as Jedah and Gil are. The fact that the writers of Udon still have her tricking and killing innocent people all while getting away with it doesn't help. She only starts trying to stop Jedah once she finds out her kingdom is in danger, but otherwise is an evil monster with no moral lines she won't cross for taking human souls. If the villains' plan didn't involve Makai, she wouldn't help the heroes at all, and is overall unfeeling toward anyone who's not from Makai. The fact that this version is just as terrible adapted and written as she was in the Darkstalkers comics, really shows that Udon didn't learn how she truly is even after all these years.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: Rikuo taking Laura Matsuda as his queen during a extra side story becomes this in light of The Shape of Water.
- Magnificent Bastard: Locked away in the void between worlds following a failed coup to conquer the Makai, Jedah Domah found enlightenment and sought to bring peace to the universe in his own twisted way. Swaying Lilith to his side under the promise she would be able to fuse with Morrigan again, Jedah has the Street Fighters and the Darkstalkers transported to his own personal realm, the Majigen, and uses the chaotic fighting between them to generate negative energy for his schemes. Tricking Gill into channeling the energy for him, Jedah creates his "fetus of God", a monstrous, demonic child with the purpose of devouring the souls of all who live, united into a single consciousness, free from their own individuality. Even when cornered, Jedah keeps a cool head and manages to improvise a trick to goad two groups of fighters into battling one another while his baby grows in strength.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Morrigan and to an extent Lilith, since they get a happy ending which is supposed to be seen as that, a happy ending, despite being malevolent and amoral succubi that have tricked and killed many innocent people without remorse, thus being Karma Houdini. It's particularly bad when you remember they weren't nearly as bad in the original games, actually, quite the opposite.
YMMV / Street Fighter vs. Darkstalkers