- Broken Base: Whether this ride is superior or inferior to Kongfrontation tends to attract a bit of debate.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The attraction opened less than a year before the similarly-named Kong: Skull Island not produced by Universal came to theaters. Amusingly enough, Universal originally had that option before they decided to opt out of having a role in Warner Bros.' MonsterVerse.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Even people who think the ride isn't as good as Kongfrontation will admit that the astonishingly realistic Kong animatronic at the end is almost worth the price of admission alone.
- Memetic Mutation: During the time that fans waited for the ride to begin soft openings, a Twitter hashtag, #ChanceOfReign, began to spread around for the purpose of speculating when they would start. The hashtag gained so much popularity that even Universal themselves poked fun at it.
- Win Back the Crowd: People that were disappointed in Universal's decision to close Kongfrontation were more than pleased to see the resort bring back the big ape in this attraction.
YMMV / Skull Island: Reign of Kong