- Fanon: The Narrator being Sarah's Parental Substitute, if not outright her biological father.
- Moe: Given the adorable artstyle, pretty much every character in the show qualifies.
- Periphery Demographic: Has a large adult audience.
- Sweet Dreams Fuel: Easily one of the most likable and cutest shows made by the BBC.
- Tear Jerker: Sarah missing Duck when he leaves to migrate for the Winter; making it all the more heartwarming when he changes his mind and decides to stay with Sarah.
- Then there's the episode where Sarah learns the Ribbon Sisters will be touring the world with their family's circus for a year and makes them a goodbye card. When she arrives too late to give it them, she is on the verge of tears and nearly breaks her Cheerful Child image for the first time in the show. Luckily, it also becomes heartwarming when she and Duck manage to catch up with the circus's trucks and give the Sisters the card, who in return give Sarah and Duck spares of their shades before they leave.
YMMV / Sarah & Duck