- Foe Yay: Opposing sides of the balance occasionally have romantic subtext, and even if they don't, shipping them is quite common.
- Harsher in Hindsight
- Humility's insistence about still being a virtue when under a magic anon that made him human makes more sense when it is later explained that the angels' have told him that if he is not a virtue of heaven then he is useless.
- Hilarious in Hindsight
- Temperance essentially having a Flat "What" reaction when an Anonymous states that he is the third most likely to be corrupted (behind a tie between Chastity and Charity) and adds that him and Chastity were the least likely to corrupt. In reality, out of the three he's the first to corrupt (at August 2012), a few months before Chastity had done so (October 2012, but to be fair he wasn't the one to cause the shift in the balance) and a year and a half before Charity does so (January 2013).
- Incest Yay Shipping: The romantic feelings between two Virtues or two Sins could be considered this if one looks at it too hard.
- Strangled by the Red String: Some of the romances feel like this.
- The Woobie: Every character has at least one moment of woobieness; some more than others.
- Humility might win the Woobie prom though.
- Ugly Cute: Gluttony's kitten form◊.
YMMV / Personifications