- Arc Fatigue: The anime as a whole is a nonstop series of close calls and cockteases that likely has its audience screaming, "JUST FUCK ALREADY!!" Made moreso, since Izumi and Ui are both horny and willing. The only reason they haven't done it yet is due to plot contrivance.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: Izumi/Rin, since it's almost certain that he'll ultimately choose Ui, given the series premise.
- Heartwarming in Hindsight: Izumi and Ui's relationship as husband-and-wife becomes more heartwarming when their English voice actors Matt Shipman and Brittany Lauda married not long after they finished recording the dub.
- It's Short, So It Sucks!: The fact that each episode is only 8-11min. long. It leaves little time for meaningful character interaction and development, since most of its runtime is spent on Izumi and Ui either fantasizing about each other, or repeatedly being interrupted before they can actually have sex.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: A minor one between those who ship Izumi with Ui and those who prefer that he hook up with Rin instead. The former camp considers Rin an obstructive busybody (and a hypocrite), who exists solely to get in the way of Izumi and Ui's marriage becoming official. Whereas those who support Rin contend that Izumi was forced into the marriage by Ui's parents, plus Izumi has expressed being attracted to Rin.
- Squick: Ui's "mom" looks and sounds like a 10 year old, who apparently got knocked up by a guy who barely looks a year younger than Izumi. Let that sink in.
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic:
- Hayato, where Rin is concerned. He freely admits that he's attracted to her breasts, something she's sensitive about even if she lets it go for him, and even if he's ultimately loyal to Ui he willingly gets to play with Rin in her final arc, only afterwards soundly rejecting her.
- Rin as well. Some readers found it a bit hypocritical for her to willingly use her breasts as her primary weapon in seducing Hayato, a guy with an arranged wife. Seemingly forgetting that that was what caused rumors to be spread around school about her, retroactively proving her accusers right.
YMMV / My Wife is the Student Council President