- Accidental Innuendo:
- Hasbro's US My Little Pony page has some pages (including every one of their episode viewing guides) announcing that fans can "Watch 3 Ways!"
- The "Just For Parents" section includes both "3 Ways" and "2 Ways" announcements.
- Big Macintosh's Blind Bag collector card simply says he "is very gentle". Combine this with his Chick Magnet status in fanon, and, well...
- The Sweet Slumbers with Applejack & Star Dreams toy set. Jokes about Applejack sleeping with a filly were inevitable.
- The trading card for Lyra Heartstrings and Golden Harvest includes the line "... lolling in the park, sharing bonbons with Golden Harvest." Bonbon is the name of Lyra's fanon girlfriend, making this either a poorly thought-out Fandom Nod, or a case of ramming a freight train into the radar. Given that Hasbro hired members of the fandom to write the cards, it's likely a little of both.
- A promotional photo has a stylus placed rather unfortunately in relation to a Celestia toy.
- The placement of the Walkin' Talkin' Pinkie Pie toy's battery compartment.
- So Bad, It's Good: The horribly half-assed European comics. Intentionally ludicrous translation aside, the plotlines tend to read like they were written by a six-year-old and the art seems to have been created by someone who had never seen anything of the show but the basic character models and somehow manages to land squarely in the Uncanny Valley despite being a cartoon. The result is an almost absurdist take on the setting involving things like the ponies playing soccer, Spike having the exact same expression all the time, and Pinkie Pie making "enchanted" cookies.
- Unfortunate Character Design: The toyline exclusive character; Emerald Ray has a cutie mark resembling the BP Logo.
YMMV / My Little Pony Generation 4