- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: The constant chain of mistreatment and dangers gets tiresome after a while. More or less the bizarre trend it went through it's final arcs such as Starlight Glimmer being made a Saturday-Morning-esque villain, Miss Twilight Sparkle and Big Mac getting married, and Scootaloo being some sort of elemental pony... what?
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Even people who hate this series love Lightning Blitz.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Diamond Tiara making fun of Scootaloo's pregnancy becomes a lot more cringeworthy now that season 4 had Tiara making fun of Scootaloo for not being able to fly.
- Jerkass Woobie: Rain Catcher was a jerk for getting Scootaloo pregnant and leaving her, but after learning of his issues, like his problems with father figures, and his being unsure if he did care for Scootaloo or not himself it's tough not to feel a little bad for him.
- He later gets some Character Development and finally owns up to his mistakes, apologizing to Scootaloo.
- Also, some fans attribute this to Jet Set and Upper Crust (partly due to a Draco in Leather Pants effect perhaps) because of the reveal that they can't have a child easily, and Upper Crust's genuine sorrow here (the fact that Word of God says they do care for Lightning somewhat probably helps).
- Moral Event Horizon:
- They Copied It, So It Sucks!: Ever since the crossover with Discorded Whooves, some fans have noted how the tumblr has shifted to having Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy, similar to that with Discorded Whooves, as something negative constantly has to happen to Scootaloo, big or small. Same could be said with Sandy. It doesn't help that Miss Twilight Sparkle is now a recurring character ever since said cross over..
- Even more than some have called Sam Rose on this and he verbally denies it despite it showing. He will literally call out anybody who accuse him and copying the Discorded Whooves formula despite evidence showing the tumblr is falling the Discorded Whooves formula.
- Tough Act to Follow: While it gets it's fair share of love, it isn't considered in pair with Silent Ponyville Chronicles.
- The Woobie: Scootaloo and Sandy.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: The final arc...really perplexed people on what the heck Sam Rose was on when it came to writing it.
YMMV / Motherly Scootaloo