This is the YMMV page for the Hungarian Tabletop RPG MAGUS.
- Ass Pull: Many. For a direct example: see the Pretentious Latin Motto on the top of the main page? If you believe the creators it's actually Ur-Kyr for Adventurer Chronicles... but this was claimed years before a word about the languages of the gameworld was released, so they probably just choose it because it sounded cool and lied.
- Fanon Discontinuity:
- There was no D20 / OGL version of this game. Ever.
- Some people would say its last printing was published in 1993.
- My Real Daddy: M.A.G.U.S. owed a lot of it's charm to the illustrations of Zsilvölgyi "Max" Csaba... which it lost when he went on working on Codex (that was created by a disillusioned part of the original development team. Did we mention that this game had a turbulent history?). And he won't come back because Author Existence Failure.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys: If you ask its not hardcore fanbase (and general Hungarian roleplayer community) there are fans of this, who just want to write academic essays on gameworld minutea and the publisher to cater to all of their Serious Business whims. Playing? What's this childishness?
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Every revision beginning with the 1999 one, but to be fair the 2007 one also got It's the Same, Now It Sucks! from the older fans.