- Covered Up: "Stars" was originally a Dubstar song.
- Critical Dissonance: Karmacode got plenty of good reviews from critics, but a lot of the fans hate it.
- Epic Riff: A lot of their stuff from Comalies on.
- Face of the Band: Cristina Scabbia. Even though the band has another male lead singer, Andrea Ferro, who by all intents should be her equal, she is the one and only face of the band.
- Funny Moments: Cristina decides to troll the fans at a concert in Bulgaria into singing Lady Gaga. Hilarity Ensues.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks!: Karmacode and Shallow Life had somewhat more mainstream sounds than their predecessors (and also their successors). Could be justified as the former bordered on Nu Metal instrumentally while the latter was somewhat Lighter and Softer and even the lyrics were straightforward, going against the band's usual trend.
Cristina: In the last photo session we did, we were actually interpreting "The Shallow Life" so I'm the pop princess, you know, big boobs fake boobs tiara, all shiny... and Andrea is dressed up as a pimp... we did it on purpose, but a lot of people didn't really get it, and were surprised and like, "oh my god, they've changed their look." Jesus Christ. "Shallow Life"... new pictures... you know, I love to stimulate any kind of thoughts in people's minds, so it's fun when they expect you to be dressed up all the time and then they see me and they don't recognize me, which is awesome.
- This was even referenced and parodied in a photo shoot for Shallow Life. This◊ is Lacuna Coil as they appear on the back cover of the album. But for one photo shoot around the time of its release, Cristina and Andrea dressed up as this◊.
- Narm: Their ballads may fall into this category (in particular "Within Me").
- "BLOOD STAINED STOCK CRASH, MISTAKES, HEARTBREAKS, NOTHING STANDS IN OUR WAYYYYY!!!!" Bonus points for Andrea eventually growling in the third chorus.
- Nightmare Fuel: The video for "Delirium" is about a female mental asylum patient trying to regain her sanity. The video opens with crawling maggots and cockroaches. The first appearance of the patient is of her staring blankly while lying near-submerged in a bathtub
- Piss-Take Rap: Cristina arguably does one in the bridge for "Victims"
- Running Gag: "1:19", a song released in 2000 from their second album, is one for the band.
- One of the questions Cristina stated she would not answer in a fan Q&A session in 2014 was the meaning behind the song.
- The "Delirium" video shows a man pulling away his shirt collar to reveal the phrase on his neck (appears about the 0:35 mark).
- Their 20th anniversary concert was held on January 19th 2018. The song was included as part of the setlist.
- Stuck in Their Shadow: Andrea has always been in Cristina's shadow. Many casual fans aren't even aware they have a male lead singer.
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: Delirium, the first album released without the Long-Runner Line-up, was much more warmly received than the albums preceding it. This was not lost on the reviewers, with Metal Sucks suggesting that "Maybe Lacuna Coil should go through massive line-up changes more often."
- Tear Jerker: "The Ghost Woman and the Hunter", "My Spirit", "Within Me", "One Cold Day", "Un Fantasma Tra Noi (A Ghost Between Us)".
YMMV / Lacuna Coil