- Alternative Character Interpretation: Is Lupin just a fun guy who happens to be a thief? Or is he, as Waver Velvet puts it, an ingenious but hedonistic maniac?
- Awesome Ego: Lupin has an extremely high opinion about himself both before and after death. This was due to his awesome skill as a thief being able to stealing whatever he wanted and being able to bed any woman (Minus Fujiko) at any time he wanted. Yet despite his ego, he never truly let it go to his head and always considered possibilities that would end in failure. And while he's subtle about boasting how awesome he is, Lupin does not try to hide his high opinion about himself either.
- Badass Decay: Applies to Lupin's gang and Zenigata in a justified manner, due to them getting older after Lupin's death. As an example, Zenigata's still a badass, but he's not as strong/quick as he used to be. Proven when he gets hit by attacks from the Kuken that he would have dodged if he were younger.
- Nightmare Fuel: Any scene featuring Caster and Ryuunosuke or Zouken, best described as OH GOD, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT, PLEASE STOP
- EVERYTHING that involves Count Luis Yu Almeida.
YMMV / Just an Unorthodox Thief