- Base-Breaking Character: Is Zin a worthy successor to Kamijo, or a cheap imitator? Don't answer that.
- Face of the Band: Some say it's Zin, others say that everyone else is the face.
- Following Masashi, Yuki, and Zin's departure, Hizaki and Teru.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: The band got some flak initially for essentially (literally) being Versailles with a different vocalist. The release of "Blessing of the Future" did virtually nothing to quell this notion, being musically similar to a lot of Versailles music, but Classical Element, with its Progressive Metal influences and other experimental elements, quieted them down a bit.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: The existence of the band itself is mildly controversial among Versailles fans (the phrase "it's just not the same" comes up a lot), but Zin himself has become divisive, with the occasional "Kamijo vs. Zin" Flame War flaring up. The fact that Zin sometimes comes across as a Suspiciously Similar Substitute to Kamijo does not help.
- Tough Act to Follow: Since Versailles were a popular and acclaimed band, a lot of people treat Jupiter as a successor to Versailles. While the members insist that Jupiter is a separate band completely unconnected to Versailles, and that their music should be judged on its own merits, rather than being compared to their previous output, the fact that their lineups was 80% identical (at first) means that the comparisons were inevitable.
YMMV / Jupiter