- Ensemble Dark Horse: Due in part to the fact that he's the most recognizable of the sextuplets because he's the only one of them wearing glasses, Aaden has a pretty sizable fanbase.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: The Soup, for a while, was making hay with an Alternative Character Interpretation of the show with Jon as a henpecked husband to needlessly bossy Kate — one skit took an argument over coupons and ended it with him committing suicide. As it turns out, the marriage was indeed a miserable one, and while The Soup is irreverent by nature and is still keeping up with the show, they joked in one episode that it's "just kind of sad now".
- Jerkass Woobie: Jon certainly engaged in some douchebag behavior of his own, but when one sees the kind of shit he had to put up with it's not at all surprising.
- Memetic Mutation: Due to her behavior and having the infamous "I like to speak to the manager" haircut, there are many memes with Kate as a Karen, a middle class, middle aged white woman who is confrontational about trivial matters.
- Nightmare Fuel: The show itself, especially for young couples starting their families.
- Tear Jerker: Kate's interview prior to the last episode.
- The Woobie: The kids. All of them.
YMMV / Jon & Kate Plus Eight