- Cult Classic: The series never achieved mainstream popularity even in its heydey, but it has gained a surprisingly large fanbase in recent years due to the cartoons surreal qualities and Flip himself for being an anti-Mickey Mouse of sorts.
- Friendly Fandoms:
- Flip fans tend to overlap and often be acquainted with fans of the works of Fleischer Studios (i.e. Betty Boop, Popeye) due to their series having very similar comedic/surreal tones to each other due to the influence of ex-Fleischer animation staff (mainly Grim Natwick) working on Flip.
- Ironically, theres also one between Flip and Mickey Mouse despite the series starkly contrasting tones, possibly due to both characters sharing the same creator.
- Flip and Cuphead fans tend to get along as well, due in part to the former being a major influence on that series.
- So Okay, It's Average: What allegedly led to the series' cancellation. Being done by Ub Iwerks, the animation and timing is excellently crafted for its time, but the plots and character humour are considered pale compared to what the likes of Disney were crafting at the time.
- Values Dissonance: The salesman in "The New Car" is one of the few unambiguously antisemitic caricatures from a Golden Age cartoon.
YMMV / Flip the Frog