- Calling the Old Man Out: Many, many times, by several of the characters. Also a female version when Rose scolds her mother.
- Continuity Cavalcade: At the end of Season 3, with a lot of supporting characters and patients of the week going to Andy's Appreciation Party.
- Foe Yay: Dr Abbott takes every chance to mock Andy Brown. Amy jokes, "You so have a boy crush on him."
- Bright and Ephram have a bit of this themselves in season 1, which becomes regular Ho Yay after they become friends in season 2.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Ephram's comment about Nina's surrogacy that he "doesn't understand how anyone could just give up a baby" becomes so much harsher three years later.
- When Irv has a heart attack scare in season 1, Edna is terrified and spends the next few days overprotecting him until they fight about it. Later, when they make up, she tells him she watched her first husband die and couldn't stand watching it happen a second time. Near the end of the final season, Irv dies and leaves Edna unable to deal with her grief.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Wangst: Sometimes the teenagers could be a little over the top in their woes...
YMMV / Everwood