- Ensemble Dark Horse: The Quintecons tend to be well-remembered and liked by fans.
- Jerkass Woobie:
- Sixshot. He causes numerous deaths by deliberately holding his battalion back, but he only did so because of crippling PTSD.
- Soundwave. Yeah he's a Decepticon, but he really doesn't deserve the shit he gets put through in this story.
- Moral Event Horizon: Literally everything the Quintessons do.
- Nightmare Fuel: Lots of it. Key examples include much of the Cold-Blooded Torture, anything to do the Reddies and the description of First Aid and his murdered patients.
- Everything about The Basement.
- One-Scene Wonder: Treadshot only has a single scene from his point of view and dies at the end of it, but it's an extremely memorable and frightening one where he defiantly curses the Autobots to suffer the same fates as the Decepticons with his last breath.
- Rewatch Bonus: Loads. For example, the significance of the glowing orb Nightbeat carries won't be clear to you until a reread.
- Signature Scene: Soundwave giving birth to a deformed Quintesson.
- Squick: Soundwave being forced to give birth is not a very pleasant image.
- Tearjerker: The start of the epilogue, with Rodimus describing an extremely happy ending... and then steadily admitting that he's lying and giving the real, much more bitter ending.
- The Woobie: Nightbeat.
YMMV / Eugenesis