- Anvilicious: This is not a subtle movie. Whether it works or not depends on the individual.
- Audience-Alienating Premise: Aside from the lack of subtlety in its message, the documentary's equating modern human society with Nazis and farming/eating animals with the Holocaust would be incredibly off-putting (if not downright enraging) to a number of people.
- Critical Research Failure: This Tumblr post from a rancher asserts that the movie tries to extrapolate isolated incidents of animal abuse to farmers and ranchers in general being abusive, while noting that the allegedly-common practices described would be counterproductive in reality.
- Squick: The footage of factory farms in general.
- Tear Jerker:
- Again, where to start...
- It's not just the animals either. It's hard not to feel for the Hindus who were deceived into selling their beloved cows away to what they thought was a happy life. Little did they know the cows would have to endure hell on earth just so people can wear their skin.
YMMV / Earthlings