- Crazy Awesome
- JACK. CHURCHILL. - His nickname was even "Mad Jack". And, considering this man fought World War II with a claymore and a longbow and was more effective than the guys using weapons made for that time, we can all agree it was crazy......''and fucking awesome!!!!''
- Steve Irwin
- Mick Foley - Who was so Made of Iron he survived being flung over 20 feet to the ground from the top of a steel cage , on his back.....TWICE...... AND WALKED AWAY UNDER HIS OWN POWER WHEN IT WAS OVER!
- Chuck Yeager (The resident Trope Namer for guys who look at death and don't even flinch)
- Beck Wethers
- Stephen Colbert
- Ned Kelly - the picture alone proves just how ridiculously awesome he was.
- Nikola Tesla, "the ultimate Mad Scientist".
- Andrew Jackson. The man fought and won a whopping 103 duels in his life, including one where he took the risk of purposefully letting his opponent shoot first so he would be obligated to remain still as Jackson shot him in the throat.
- Liver-Eating Johnson. That's not just a name.
- Marvin Heemeyer. When City Hall decided to build a concrete plant adjacent to his muffler shop and cut off his business' sewage line, he got revenge by selling his business and using the money to buy a bulldozer, then modifying it into a new vehicle called the "killdozer", and going on a rampage during which he destroyed 13 buildings. Made even more badass by the fact that he did it without killing or injuring anyone other than himself.
- Evil Is Cool: A number of figures make the site partially (or even specifically) for this reason. Searching the archives by "Monster" or "Supervillain" will give you an incomplete list.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- The article on the Horsemen of the Apocalypse is extra-funny now that Darksiders, a game where you play the Horseman of War is out. The description for him is amazingly fitting.
- Commander Shepard is portrayed in game as being in Badass Weekly. The site responded upon finding out about this by playing through the trilogy then writing Shepard up to be one of the biggest badasses on the whole site.
- In the article on Joseph Kittinger, the author doesn't know which layer of the atmosphere he was in when he set an altitude record. (It was the stratosphere.) The project that eventually beat another of Kittinger's records was called "Stratos", leaving no such doubt. (However, the fact that this helped Kittinger become more well-known makes the bit at the end of the article lamenting his status as "a pretty obscure character" Heartwarming in Hindsight.)
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: The site aims to keep it high.
- Memetic Badass
- John Wayne
- A number of the articles may include phrases that seem to refer to the trope with outlandish deeds actually being performed by the subject in question or just some flavourful Testosterone Poisoning humour. A notable example is that the Battle of the Bulge was presumably named after 'Lenny Funk's raging kill-boner'.
- Nausea Fuel: The quotation heading Mary E. Walker's entry, a viewing of battlefield surgery in the American Civil War, is... unpleasant.
- So Bad, It's Good: Pretty much everything regarding Starship Troopers.
YMMV / Badass of the Week