- Broken Base: Who's better, Danny or Denis?
- Face of the Band: Originally contested between lead singer Danny Worsnop and guitarist/driving force Ben Bruce. During the 18 months Danny left, it was between Bruce and new singer Denis Stoff.
- Fanon Discontinuity: The Black, all the way, by both the fans and the band itself, considering now that Danny has now come back, the band cannot play any songs off of it due to it being a heavy Take That! towards Danny.
- Follow the Leader: Their hatedom has levied this accusation against their early sound; describing it as a mix between The Devil Wears Prada's ultra slick melodic Metalcore, Bring Me the Horizon's Emo Teen oriented look, and Enter Shikari's rave informed electronicore. Even their shift to Hard rock has been criticized as pulling the same trick Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine, and Black Veil Brides have already pulled.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: They are much, much more popular in the United States than they are in their native England.
- The Scrappy: Asking Alexandria's hatedom is pretty much on the same level as Bring Me the Horizon and Suicide Silence. Their albums are also considered some of the worst metal albums of all time, with some people saying that St. Anger and Lulu are masterpieces compared to the band's discography. Mentioning Asking Alexandria to a metalhead will result in you being labelled a poseur.
- Among the band's fandom Denis is one for many reasons, including accusations of miming, the fact that they'd replaced a matured Danny with someone who was as immature as he was in his raging alcoholic days, and the crappy way he left the band.
- Signature Song: "Final Episode".
YMMV / Asking Alexandria