- Designated Hero: Ken, despite his jerkass attitude and his spoiled upbringing.
- Like You Would Really Do It: The urban warfare scenes that take place in the first movie with the invasion of the island nation by an OPFOR military. Then again, a Chinese PLA splinter cell has no qualms doing so.
- Memetic Mutation: "STEADY LAH!" (Hand gesture included)
- Older Than They Think: Army Daze has explored the theme of Singaporean men serving their national service obligations in the military.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped:
- Making an ass out of yourself (intentionally or not) will get you into trouble with everyone you know.
- Director Jack Neo mentions in a few interviews that he made the movies because of a growing generation of Singaporeans who are now questioning the legitimacy of National Service since there aren't any "threats" to its national security after the end of the Cold War.
YMMV / Ah Boys to Men