The story follows a young woman, Trystan, and her cursed doll companion, Phinny. She's a fauni witch but inexperienced in magic, and she was desperate and lonely enough to befriend said cursed doll. Throughout the story, they try to better themselves and to fight their respective fates.
This comic is ongoing.
This Webcomic provides examples of:
- Art Shift: When in the dream world the art shifts into a colorful and shape drawn style
- Horned Humanoid: The Fauni people all posses horns that vary in appearance and size.
- Inept Mage: Trystan struggles with the simplest of spells and charms. Her poor skills have cost her an apprenticeship in the magical arts.
- Puppet Permutation: known as BoneDolls, they are a creature that has been cursed into a doll like form and must do the bidding of witches and wizards. Examples "Phinny" and "The Dreamer"
- Think Nothing of It: In the first chapter, the customers feel guilty and so tip Trystan extra. They say "don't mention it" as they leave and it emphasizes Trystan's naivete that she doesn't notice how they said it. This also leads to the first time Phinny speaks with Trystan.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: In the Tower Wars side-story, the third mage-king, Autumn, realizes his brother's ambassador is giving him the object of his downfall, just like the other ambassador gave the other mage-king a prophecy mirror that drove her into paranoid madness. The object? It's a rock. Just a simple humble castle rock as a sentimental reminder of the Old King's castle. Autumn obsesses over any hideous monsters or curses hidden in the rock for so long that he ignores the rest of his kingdom, which is promptly blown up by his idiot sons.