The world of Spiddrelli began as an idea in 2008, and has only recently gone into full-swing.
A thousand years ago, 10 scientists crash-landed on a primitive planet. They decided to stay to contain and control the native's discovery and use of their scattered ship's technology. In present day that task has been given to Century, an organization charged with making sure society doesn't blow it's own toes off.
The world has grown up with many of The Ten's creations: The majority of the world has been overrun by dense jungle canopy; numerous animal species have rose to sentience; and the key to immortality has been unlocked a dozen times over.
The latest and current run is completely made in Flash in a motion-comic format, with limited animation segments done sparsely throughout.
This comic provides examples of:
- Artificial Limbs: Many of the inhabitants of El Vencedor, such as Dusty and Erin.
- Bookworm: Den.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Robin, almost constantly.
- Color Coded Timestop: Spiddrelli's Clockbind turns the affected area purple.
- Continuity Reboot: Received one that began during September 2011.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Topaz.
- Film Noir: The prologue.
- Immortality: Immortals are common in the world of Spiddrelli, however a universal rule applies that the more immortal a being is, the more passive it is.
- Mental World: Louie's Mindscape, which Judd and Gwynn visit to fix a mental problem.
- Retro Universe
- Shout-Out: A few to other web comics. Martin has been seen reading Helvetica and Sister Claire, while at one point Robin doodles Hades from Olympus Overdrive on a clipboard.
- The Speechless: Garnet, who communicates by using a two-finger form of Morse Code that he taps on his Teletat, which verbalizes his tapping.