A webcomic hosted on WEBTOON, ''Sol Invictus'' by Kyou follows a girl after she is reincarnated into the world of her favorite fighting game.
Reborn as the character Adramelekh, she now lives a glamorous life as the princess of the Egrigorean Empire. Her future is far from secured, however, as Adramelekh is doomed to die in the game's story mode. Knowing this, she must do what she can to avoid her demise, whether it be through rigorous training or by avoiding the events that lead to her death altogether (which itself is its own impossible challenge, as she skipped through most of the game's story mode).
Not to be confused with the One Piece fan-fiction Sol Invictus.
Contains the following tropes:
- Abusive Parents: Adramelekh's previous incarnation is seen being berated by her step brother and mother in a flashback. She also has what are confirmed to be strangulation marks around her throat, hinting at violence in her past.
- Ascended Fanboy: Adramelekh was a fan of the fighting game that is the basis for Sol Invictus' world, and then reincarnates as one of the characters.
- Close-Call Haircut: Anamelekh loses her braid in a fight, which turns out to be her Berserk Button.
- Dark-Skinned Blond / Dark-Skinned Redhead: A number of the Gods have this, including Hyperion, who is the former, and Sennacherib, the latter.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Adramelekh has red eyes with gold circles in them representing the sun, while Anamelekh has golden crescents representing the moon.
- Hikikomori: It's implied Adramelekh's previous incarnation was one. Her step brother and mother are seen complaining that she never does anything but play video games.
- Little Bit Beastly: After humans, the Luin aka rabbit people appear to be the most numerous race on Ys.
- Mind Hive: Anamelekh turns out to be made from the souls of four orphans (two girls and two boys) who were sacrificed to Anu, who then gave them another life. As such it's correct to call Ana both she, he and them.
- Moon Rabbit: Anu, God of the Moon, and those who serve him all have this aesthetic.
- Rapunzel Hair: Devotees to Anu grow their hair long, which is why Anamelekh is so distraught to lose her braid.
- Trapped in Another World: Identified explicitly as an example of an Isekai story. Adramelekh even uses it as verb at one point, grousing about how when other people "get isekai'd they get a harem and super broken powers" but she gets homework and back pain.