A comic that flitters between parody of and earnest follower of RPG video games. Follows the RPG-Mechanics Verse format. The story so far revolves around Lance, your typical Hero and features original characters as they travel through lands with the typical quirks/flaws of the RPG genre. Also sometimes features strips based on actual video games, such as Final Fantasy.
You used to be able to find it here, but none of the links appear to be working at the moment.
This work provides examples of:
- Affectionate Parody
- Cherry Tapping: Near the beginning, two spiders almost kill Lance this way. They do TWO points of damage.
- Combat Breakdown: When two magic users run out of magic, it turns into a Wimp Fight.
- Doomed Hometown: It burned down, though how the fire started is unknown. It's name? Kindling.
- Flaming Sword: Lance is really excited when he finds out this can be done by imbuing his sword with fire magic.
- The Hero: Lance.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Lance lampshades this trope.
- No Hero Discount: Pointed out in this strip, where the shopkeeper explains the reasons behind those high prices.
- The Dulcinea Effect: When Lance first meets Silvia, they encounter a wolf-boss. He is willing to stand in front of Silvia to protect her, even though they met a few minutes earlier.
- RPG-Mechanics Verse