GG-Guys is a webcomic about video games and random nonsense that updated about once a week for a while but has succumbed to Schedule Slip in recent months. It includes a cast of quirky and interesting characters who often insert themselves into the game they are discussing. It's a little weird.
In July, 2011, the site was put on a permanent hiatus after the 100th comic. Fortunately though several months later, in November, Psy and Dave decided to start the comic up again and it's been infrequently updating ever since.
As of the middle of June 2014, SuperPsyguy has shut down all of his domains, including this webcomic, in light of accusations against him of emotional and sexual abuse, the details of which involve minors being victimized.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Art Shift: Mostly in the newer strips, although it seems to be returning to the old style in the most recent strips.
- Author Avatar: Psy and Dave are of course based on the author and artist. Liz is based on Psy's former girlfriend.
- Cat Fight: Yeah Liz and Amber don't really seem to get along. At All.
- Domestic Abuse: How Psy's relationship with the Sonic the Hedgehog games is portrayed in one strip. Apparently, the last one he played was so bad it put him in a wheelchair!
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: Happens once in an early strip for almost no reason.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: At one point during the comic, Psy had a falling out with his girlfriend, Riley (formerly Liz)note , and the two broke up. This was a problem as she has a character within the comic based on her and Psy didn't wish to even look at her in the earlier strips. So Dave replaced all her characters with a face of Lincoln on them to help him out. The two have since made up and the Lincoln heads were removed.
- This was also the reason Amber was created, to fill the female role Liz left. It was even lampshaded.
- Relax-o-Vision: Used to cover up all that zombie violence in the censored versions of Left 4 Dead 2. Crikey!