A very short webcomic, Canis deconstructs some of the amateur comics on DeviantART and romanticism of wolves in general.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Armor-Piercing Question: "Freedom from what?"
- Artistic License Biology: While the comic deconstructs tropes for realism, it still isn't as realistic on the zoology department. The comic shows the rottweilers all killing the pack of wolves, each with a single bite. A wolf can exert up to 1500 psi (bite strength) vs 250 to 325 of dogs like rottweilers and pit bulls and can bite through a moose femur in a few tries. The comic's rotties very easily kill a pack of animals who survive by having to take down elk and bison to eat instead from a bowl. Also, the wolf pack itself falls into the outdated alpha-beta-omega wolf hierarchy.
- The Chosen One: Moonstar is prophesied to save his pack. Subverted, it's complete hogwash.
- Possibly played straight. The foolish were culled, and the smart wolves passed their genes on to the remnants to make a better pack with a higher chance of survival.
- Deconstruction: Mainly of wolves in fiction.
- Deliberately Monochrome: The entire comic is in black and white.
- Dying Alone: Moonstar.
- Loyal Animal Companion / Undying Loyalty: The dogs to man.
- The Rant: The comic creator enjoys ripping into anthro
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Those that take this option live because of it.
- Stylistic Suck: The names of the characters are supposed to be bad.
- Talking Animal
- Tragic Hero: Moonstar.
- Would Hurt a Child: Moonstar and his pack, like real predators, have no qualms about killing helpless baby animals.