Hari got adopted by Duke Erenst at 7 years old when she lost her mother. Even though she received all kinds of persecution by the three Erenst sons, she could finally escape that blood-and-tear inducing life when she was about to get married.
But what is this?When I woke up from my sleep, I'm back to that hellish childhood! Is this a dream?!
Hmph. If I can't wake up from this dream,I'll at least live without too much consideration for others now!
Just like that, Hari decided to go astray.
"Beware of The Brothers" started as a webnovel created by Plutus of Who Made Me A Princess Fame and is Plutus' first work in general, so it served as a prequel to the Shared Universe of Who Made Me A Princess in a sense. The webcomic can be found in Korean here.
This Webtoon contains examples of:
- Identical Stranger: Hari looks near identical to the deceased Arina Erenst, which is why she was adopted into the family. In reality, the other reason is that Hari is adopted to help heal Duchess Erenst's depression following Arina's death.
- Metaphorically True: Hari only had her own experience to look on considering what had happened in her past. This changes in time as her mentally 27 year old mind meant she realised that she doesn't actually have the full picture regarding the state of the Erenst family and recognizes that her adoptive brothers are victims of circumstances, the same as her.
- Parents as People: As much as the Erenst couple love their children with all their heart, Duchess Erenst is still grieving horribly in the light of Arina's death and unconsciously treated Hari as Arina on more than one occasion, which led to the brothers having a huge issue with Hari. Duke Erenst is trying his best to help his wife but it comes at the expense of his biological sons emotional turmoil. It was only after Eugene decided to step up that things have improved.
- Perfectly Arranged Marriage: Hari would have been in one with Johan, if she hadn't time travelled accidentally. Hari completely forgets about her relationship with at some point after going back in time and ends up liking Eugene romantically.
- Rewatch Bonus: A lot of the reactions and actions the Erenst family had only made sense once you read further and look back. Such as Eugene trying to take Hari's yellow candy away because they are actually painkiller drugs.
- Replacement Goldfish: What the brothers initially perceived Hari's adoption as and why they had a hard time accepting her in the first timeline. For them, Hari can never be Arina. Duchess Erenst unconsciously treated Hari as one for her biological daughter and Eugene seeing the painkillers in disguise of candy for Hari is one of the first things that made him decide to speak up about this after a trip out town.
- Shared Universe: With Who Made Me A Princess, with the series taking place in Obelia's neighboring country, Arlanta.
- Time Travel: Hari time traveled back to when she was 7 years old. The problem is, Hari had already started to get along better with her brothers by the time she is about to get married before waking up as a 7 year old again, making her case an Accidental Time Travel.