Fail Army is the "worldwide leader in fail video compilations". Viewers submit videos of themselves (or someone else) failing spectacularly for Fail Army to post in weekly compilations. They are essentially the America's Funniest Home Videos of the internet (but with no cash prizes).
Fail Army contains examples of the following tropes:
- Annoying Laugh: They have an entire 8 minute compilation of laughing camera men.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: Somewhere in the 2010s the channel acquired a set of hosts who wore wayfarer sunglasses and did intros to the videos, and generally mugged for the camera for inexplicable reasons. It was quietly dropped after a short time.
- Brick Joke: Every now and then. For example, this compilation switches back and forth between a man trying to put out an engine fire. He does, but the fire starts back up again when he leaves.
- Cats Are Mean: Once again, they have a compilation of cats being assholes
- Circus Episode: "Carnival of Excess," a compilation of fails relating to carnival games, rides, and circus tricks.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Countless times, usually after someone gets hurt (especially if it's in the groin).
- Comedic Sociopathy: Most clips involve people getting hurt attempting stunts. It's a miracle they haven't been critically injured or worse. Doesn't make it any less hilarious though
- Corpsing: Done frequently by the camera men after witnessing such fails.
- Epic Fail: Natch. Sometimes inverted with an Epic Win from time to time in a few videos. Sometimes it can even both, if someone gets the upper hand on someone else.
- Groin Attack: Very frequently. Almost happens Once an Episode.
- Never Smile at a Crocodile: 1:20.
- Noodle Incident: At 0:42 somehow this man ends up on the hood of someone's car. He claims he was run over, but that raises more questions.
- Point-and-Laugh Show
- Slapstick Knows No Gender: They have quite a few "girls fail" compilations. They are some of the most viewed videos.
- Too Dumb to Live: Taken Up to Eleven in some of the clips, like how This compilation starts with a man poking a shark
- With Friends Like These...: Taken to Comedic Sociopathy levels. Here's a compilation