College Reunion Group is a newcomer in the field of retsupuraing. Hosted on Ike's Youtube account (he edits the videos as well), the trio do exactly what you'd expect from an RP group: riff on bad Let's Play videos. Although they're very late to the game, at least they have a fair grasp on the concept and are already off to a quick start of supplying a nice amount of RPs at a stupid fast rate (occasional hiatus aside).
Mentioned above is Ike, who tends to be loud and sarcastic in the commentary. Patrick is the quiet one of the three, but still chimes in with off-colour comments and short rants if the target irks him enough. Finally, Philip is somewhere in the middle: tends to make snide remarks, and also likes pointing out the various flaws and terrible jokes he notices. Occasionally one of the three will be missing in a particular video (i.e., only Ike and Philip or only Patrick and Ike) or sometimes just Ike riffing on whatever he wants to. In addition, some videos aren't even riffing on Let's Plays - instead, they'll look at various other bizarre things. Whatever is deemed amusing enough, really.
College Reunion Group provides examples of:
- Accentuate the Negative: They're a retsupurae group. It comes with the territory.
- all lowercase letters: A few of the video titles.
- And Now For Something Completely Different: "david lynch teaches advertising", where Ike does a solo commentary over a very... unique Sega Saturn commercial.
- On a lesser note, Ike's channel note predictably has multiple unrelated things on it.
- Berserk Button: Ike has quite a few - namely, people being generally incompetent at a game can grate him. He's explained that if people go out of their way to record themselves playing a game, they should probably make sure they can actually play it well.
- There's also the things listed under Running Gag below.
- Deadpan Snarker: All three members of the group have shades of this, but especially Philip.
- Deep South: Where "Billy Bob" (the redneck who played F-Zero X) evidently resides.
- Establishing Character Moment: Mere seconds into "WHAT IN TARNATIONS BLACK SHADOW", Ike notices that the LPer sounds very southern. Although they start mocking him for this soon after, it isn't until Patrick hears him utter "Thank Christ!" that they really ramp it up.
- Ike and Philip each have a collective Oh, Crap! moment when they notice that the dull sounding Doom LPer is typing in "newsaveswagswag" for the name of his save file.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: Chris, the co-commentator in the Sonic CD LP is trying very very hard to sound like a stereotypical "ghetto" person. In spite of this, he apparently idolizes Will Smith. For his sake, we hope it was an act put on for that specific video.
- Running Gag: Ike sarcastically complimenting the commentary whenever the LPer resorts to making random noises or singing along with the in-game music.
- Philip likes to make a running gag out of whatever he thinks is the LPer's Establishing Character Moment, presumably to shame them for it.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Patrick does this a few times when the video they're riffing on becomes too cringeworthy.
- The Stoic: Ike and Philip decide that whoever they're riffing on in "Knee-Deep in the Swag" obviously doesn't seem to be too enthusiastic about playing the game... despite said game being Doom