- "This is going to be one weird day."
A five part animated Undertale fanseries created by YouTube user MrMattimation. Set in a post-Pacifist run, Frisk has to deal with recurring nightmares and the loss of his ability to Save, putting a damper on his peaceful life above the surface. After accidentally killing a monster, Frisk has to face the consequences of what he's done and get into some wacky adventures along the way.
Current episodes in this ongoing series include:
- Burgerpants Falls Asleep On The Job And Get Grounded
- Serves as a short prelude to the first episode and ends up kickstarting the series-long plot.
- The Twin Souls [Episode 1]
- The Twin Souls [Episode 2]
- Skeleton Tongues
- While not actually an episode of the series, this short still falls under the continuity of the main series, even if it's meant to be Denser and Wackier than its predecessors.
- Undertale Short - Mixed Vegetables
- The Twin Souls [Episode 3]
- The Twin Souls [Episode 4]
Due to the narrative structure of this series, beware of spoilers below!
This series contains examples of:
- Accidental Murder: Burgerpants's death is a result of Frisk's self-defense taken too far.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Toriel delivers a humorous version of this as she tells Undyne about all the good things Frisk had done for monsterkind.Toriel: "He freed our entire race from eternal imprisonment, negotiated our rights with human politicians, helped a lot of us find jobs and homes in Denver, not to mention the fact he managed to get us a full-size replica of Cloud Strife's sword, imported straight from Japan."
- As the Good Book Says...: Quoted word for word by the Preacher as he gives Undyne advice over coming to terms with Frisk murdering a monster.
- Character Blog: Enjoy Papyrus's antics from episode one? Have no fear, he has a Twitter account.
- Comically Missing the Point: Undyne realizes that Frisk and Alphys are hiding something from her in part 2, and comes to the conclusion that they're throwing her a surprise party.
- Eye Color Change: Eagle-eyed viewers will notice Frisk's eyes changing from dark green to dark red in certain shots of part 2, as a subtle way of showing which soul is currently influencing Frisk's body more.
- Hypocrite: Undyne is quick to scorn Frisk for taking a life when she herself had killed two humans in the underground. Toriel is quick to call her out on it.
- Lampshade Hanging: Frisk points out the gap between episodes one and two. Doubles as the Self-Deprecation example below.
- Mythology Gag: The events of MrMattimation's earlier cartoon series, My Little Brony, is referenced by Alphys's Matt figurine on her work desk.
- Noodle Incident: We never really learn why Grillby refuses to take checks from Toriel, as the poster in the bar in Part 1 indicates.
- The Reveal: Chara's first proper introduction as a goat hybrid once his soul is separated from Frisk's in episode 4. Doubles as the Wham Line below.
- Sadist: Flowey.
- Self-Deprecation: As seen in episode two:Frisk: "Ugh, tell me about it. I woke up five hours ago, but honestly, it feels more like it's been a few months." (A very long Beat) Explanation
- Synthetic Voice Actor: Mettaton, by far.Mettaton: "OO-OO-OOH BURGERPANTS, I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU FELL ASLEEP ON THE JOB. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT."
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Burgerpants had absolutely no speaking lines and was only featured in the prequel episode to set up his death in episode one.
- Wham Line:Chara: "Finally... I was so tired of being stuck in that body."