One of two Facebook original short series produced by The Fine Brothers, Reverse Ratings is Exactly What It Says on the Tin- movies done in animated snippets of what a movie would look and feel like if it had a different rating and content (i.e. a G-rated movie getting a R-rating and what it's contents end up being), and does it with the intended and sometimes humorous results.
All eight episodes of the first season of Reverse Ratings are now watchable on YouTube here. "Behind The Voices" editions of the episodes are on the FBE2 Youtube channel as well to see how they record their voices for the episodes.
Tropes on Reverse Ratings include:
- Cliffhanger: The end of Kill Wiz.
- Darker and Edgier: The R-rated conversions.
- Lighter and Softer: The opposite of the above, for G-rated conversions.
- It Amused Me: Elsa repeatedly "killing" Olaf in R-Rated Frozen.Elsa: *laughs* He keeps on dying! *keeps laughing more*
- It's All About Me: Elsa acts like this in R-Rated Frozen.
- Shout-Out: "I'M MARY POPPINS!" in the end of R-Rated Mary Poppins.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: On R-rated ones.
- The End of the World as We Know It: Elsa's selfishness (see above) causes this in R-Rated Frozen.
- Tomato in the Mirror: Mr. Banks upon finding out that he was Mary Poppins all along in R-Rated Mary Poppins. But this only questions how could the real Mary Poppins and Mr. Banks can exist at the same place and time.
- X Meets Y: Kill Wiz, a R-rated Wizard of Oz combined with Kill Bill.