Anywhere! Astounding Girls is a new YouTube-hosted Fanime series which currently has a small fanbase. The show's animation is done in MS Paint while arrangement is done in Sony Vegas. The show follows the bizarre, usually nonsensical adventures of Tsumeme Hanareru, the lime-haired 15-year-old protagonist, alongside her group of friends including her best friend Penny Patrickson, Korimatse Matsuya, the somewhat-sassy rich girl, and several others. The show draws inspiration from Neko Sugar Girls and Sugoi Quest For Kokoro.
If you want to watch the series, the season one playlist can be found here.
Anywhere! Astounding Girls contains examples of:
- Anime Theme Song: The theme song is "ULTRA HIGH HEELS" from Pop N Music.
- Art Shift: The intro.
- Also in Episode 3 when Tsumeme starts screaming as the pink fish comes out of her stomach.
- Body Horror: Tsumeme, when she turns around too fast in Episode 2.
- Also, considering how often the characters become off-model, the entire series could probably count as this.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: Korimatse can be this at times.
- Crush Blush: Tsumeme in the first episode when thinking about Yoshikuze, her crush.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Happens to Korimatse in Episode 2 after she lashes out at Tsumeme for breaking her door.
- Eye Catch: Occurs in every episode. The eyecatch is of a character from the series, occasionally a character related to the episode (for example, a Tsumeme-centric episode will have a Tsumeme eyecatch.)
- Gratuitous Japanese: The words on objects, sites, and buildings have a tendency to suffer from this. Two examples, "Get Daijoubou Soon!" and "Desu Hospital" can be found in episode 1.
- Off-Model: Very much so. One moment a character can be done in an anime style (more or less), the next they look like a surreal mess.
- The Hero: Tsumeme Hanareru.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Almost everyone has an unnatural hair color. Within the cast of main characters, Penny is the only one with a "natural" hair color.