Bevan the manager is also a New Zealander.In "Inner City Pressure", a store manager named Bevan abuses the protagonist for spending too long counting out change. "Bevan" is a name of Welsh origin that's very common in New Zealand but rarer in the US. Therefore Bevan is an immigrant from New Zealand just like the protagonist, and feels free to abuse his fellow countryman even though he'd treat an American customer more politely.
- I'm from New Zealand (lived here all my life) and wouldn't say Bevan is a very common name (I've never met anyone named Bevan and have only heard of one Bevan). Other than that point, I have no issue with this.
There really AIN'T no party like Bret's Nana's Tea Party.In the episode "Mugged" Bret states in his rap as the Rhymenocerous that "there ain't no party like my nana's tea party" which considering the song lampoons serious rappers is played for laughs. However, by the episode "New Fans" we learn that Bret is actually the Prince of Parties. Now if the Prince of Parties is a hereditary title, (and not just a random phrase from a hallucination) that would mean that either his grandmother could have been once the Queen of Parties, or at least the Queen mother of Parties. This suggests that her tea parties might be very enjoyable indeed.
- He does mention being the "Party Prince" again in "Sugalumps"
- By the same logic, Bret (possibly inheriting from the other side of his family) is also the hereditary ruler of a small kingdom in New Zealand known only as "Boom".
Keitha and her friends were caught and Bret and Jemaine's belongings were returned between episodes 5 and 6 of second season.Explains the Continuity Error.
Doug doesn't want to be with Mel either.In "New Fans", Mel talks about her husband, Doug. She says he used to have restraining orders against her, but in the end, she got what she wanted. It's very possible Mel scared him into a relationship. And then she got bored with him or ended up disappointed and moved on to the next target. It also explains why he doesn't seem to care about or notice Mel's obvious infatuation with the band.
- While there are plenty of reasons for him not to want to be with Mel, the was we see off Mel and Doug is them passionately making out backstage at the Concords' play, Mel having discovered Doug's latent musical talent, implying that what little relationship they had before had now exploded into something deeper.
The reason or at least part of the reason New Zealanders hate Australians is......because people are always confusing them for Australians. It's happened before on the show. That racist, who refused to serve them food, did so because he confused New Zealanders with Australians. Sally mentioned thinking Bret and Jemaine were Australian. Those ladies on the women's water polo team thought their accents were Australian. Dave has confused them for Australians once, but then again, he's Dave (and he has confused them for other nationalities like English).
Bret predicted Steven Universe
- "What about a planet of diamonds and rubies?"Murray: No.
- Or by accident.
<<|Wild Mass Guessing|>>