Zero Summer is a post-apocalyptic turn-based browser game set in the town of Amarillo. Players control the Man With No Name and explore the many mysteries of the setting... possibly with bullets, possibly not. Strange things fly overhead at night, lawless gunmen cause trouble for ordinary folk, society itself is reeling from the Longest Day- and into all of this blunders an amnesiac individual with nowhere else to go.
The game is designed with replayability in mind, and players are not expected or encouraged to play through all content on the first try- in fact, the game's tutorial specifically tells players they won't be able to do everything, and encourages the player to parcel out their time wisely.
The game can be found here.
Tropes present in this game include:
- After the End: The Longest Day destroyed society as we know it. Amarillo specifically is mentioned as one of the last civilized places before one hits wilderness.
- Days of Future Past: If you ignore the Schizo Tech, it might as well be a straight Western.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: The things in the sky are not explained. Are they bats? Demons? Something else?
- Morality Meter: The Paladin/Man In Black qualities.
- Sanity Meter: The White Noise Quality.
- Schizo Tech: Cowboys on motorcycles. Also, the local supermarket has been converted into a more old-fashioned kind of market.