Your Uncle Randy, an avid computer collector, has passed away. Your Aunt Doris sends you the computer he was working on when he died, telling you that he would have liked someone to finish the job he started. Digging into the machine's internals, you start finding notes left behind by an increasingly unhinged Randy...
Who built this strange machine? And for what?
TIS-100 provides examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Aside from the background story and assembly language specification, the manual also contains hints on how to find the hidden puzzle.
- Apocalyptic Log: The story is told through increasingly disturbing notes left by Randy inside the broken modules.
- Hell Gate: The TIS-100s are implied to open up a portal to another universe, letting an unspecified alien menace in.
- Initialism Title: The TIS in TIS-100 stands for "Tessellated Intelligence System".
- Programming Game: In the purest sense.
- Read the Freaking Manual: Reading the manual is important enough to warrant an achievement just for opening it: "RTFM"