Swords of Fury is a J2ME Beat 'em Up (called a Hack and Slash by the developers) by Gameleons released in 2006. You play as Thardenis the swordmaster or Glapharoc the warlock and have to defeat ancient evil which has awakened after thousands of years. Go through 12 locations, find keys to secret gates, and see if you can emerge victorious.
This game provide examples o:
- Battle in the Rain: Outside levels have rain while the protagonist beats up enemies.
- Checkpoint Starvation: The levels have no checkpoints. Die once and you go all the way back to the beginning of the level, which can take several minutes, rather unoptimal as the J2ME platform's intended for short, more casual play sessions.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: Thardenis the male protagonist beats enemies with his sword, Glapharoc the female protagonists shoots energy blasts from her staff.
- Life Drain: Glapharoc's touch of death spell sucks up health from enemies in front of her and cures her injuries.
- Red Sky, Take Warning: The most common background has red sky. Since the first level has it, you know the game means business.
- Squishy Wizard: To compensate for having a ranged attack, Glapharoc the mage takes twice as much damage as Thardenis the fighter.