Pokémon Flora Sky is a hack of Emerald version, authored by 12345, better known as Sky or SkyHippowdon.
The plot is a mixture of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald's story, Giratina and the Sky Warrior's story, and original content. Flora Sky takes place in a heavily edited Hoenn region. Uniquely, the hack comes in two forms, the Main Version and the Complement Dex Version. They play exactly the same, but the Pokémon available are drastically different between versions.
It is one of the more well-known and liked Pokémon hacks out there, with plenty of Let's Plays of it on YouTube.
- Author Avatar: One of your rivals, Sky, who owns a Hippopotas that goes on to evolve into Hippowdon.
- Bonus Boss: Mysterious Man, who has a team of six shiny legendaries.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The town you start in is called Small Town.
- Game-Breaking Bug: Mining a certain spot at the wrong time in the mining minigame will teleport you to a space behind the game's reception counter. The only way out is to play another round of the game, but if you don't have enough money to do that, you're stuck.
- In Name Only: The region is still called Hoenn, but it bears little resemblance to the canon incarnation.
- In-Universe Game Clock: As per usual for Pokémon games. Unlike in Emerald, however, day and night do have visual differences. Specifically, the overworld will have a green-hued overlay early in the morning, a red-hued overlay during the afternoon, a blue-hued overlay during the evening, and a black-hued one in the middle of the night.
- Some Dexterity Required: The Sky Pillar bike puzzle is still in here, and it's extremely frustrating to do with a keyboard.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: Caitlin is only the second gym leader, but her shiny Delcatty will wreck you if you aren't prepared.